Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tahko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2005
Finnland
Hi!

I have some experience with C/C++ on linux enviroment and wanted to give the XCode a good run against KDevelop. I've heard it's very good & fast enviroment, but I have a problem. It was supposed to come with this iBook, but I just can't find it from those 2 dvd disks! What the hell?! Now what?

Tahko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2005
Finnland
grapes911 said:
It is on one of the disk, but I would download it. Sign up for a free developer account and download the latest version of XCode.
http://developer.apple.com/
Wasn't on 1st dvd at least, didn't touch the 2nd which included Classic enviroment. But there wasn't any special developer disk like I thought. Maybe such a tool will come with so-called pro-macs only...?

Well i downloaded it and am fiddling around with it.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
I think you will find Xcode to be a little confusing at first, but don't give up on it too soon.

If you take the time to learn Objective C (you'll be able to learn enough of it to get by in a couple of hours), and then get the hang of Interface Builder and Cocoa Bindings you will totally love it.

Code Sense is getting better, but I still prefer the code completion in Netbeans because it's more predictable and faster. Of course Netbeans is Java only, so it's not an option for native OS X development.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.