Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
yeah its up there somewhere.
ive seen worse.
as far as what the site is for.

as for the design...well at least its clean and sticks to white and pastel colors while being not so formal.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Apple Merchandise

Well, that was a worthless, crappy site to vist.

But, there was something on there that I'd like to comment on:

"Heck, if Coca-Cola can sell their logo-branded kitsch in dedicated stores, Apple certainly
could."

Well, whoever you are, you hit the nail on the head. Steve Jobs HATES logo-related caps, cups, pen-pencil sets, keyrings, etc. As long as he's iCEO of Apple, you won't be seeing that stuff in the Apple stores, nor on the Apple site, because he considers such things "logo-branded kitsch."

(thank goodness for redlightrunner.com!)

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Re: Apple Merchandise

Originally posted by voicegy
Well, that was a worthless, crappy site to vist.

But, there was something on there that I'd like to comment on:

"Heck, if Coca-Cola can sell their logo-branded kitsch in dedicated stores, Apple certainly
could."

Well, whoever you are, you hit the nail on the head. Steve Jobs HATES logo-related caps, cups, pen-pencil sets, keyrings, etc. As long as he's iCEO of Apple, you won't be seeing that stuff in the Apple stores, nor on the Apple site, because he considers such things "logo-branded kitsch."

(thank goodness for redlightrunner.com!)

Yes sir. :D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
at the Apple store in Cupertino....they sell all kinds of Apple related merchandise....

shirts...hats...mugs.....notebooks....keychains...

that's where I got my keychain... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.