Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

txr0ckabilly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2008
Southwest Louisiana
i like the little apps we have in the store now for leisure but i was really expecting more real productivity and business tools.

i only have so much time at work to piss away playing texas hold-'em, monkey ball, check twitter and myspace, etc.

i kind of thought that apple was trying to gear this iteration of the iphone more towards the business and enterprise part of the "smart phone" crowd.

am i just seeing the beginning? do we have some support for spreadsheets, flow charts, document readers, etc. coming?

some kind of remote desktop would be nice, no matter how simple.

i think i was just expecting more than games, social networking, an abacus, and whatever else we have right now.

don't get me wrong i do like these little diversions from work but the boss is getting a little mad at my time allotment spent around the iphone right now.

txr0ckabilly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2008
Southwest Louisiana
It's. The. First. Day.

i know, i know

i'm not a programmer, so i guess i just don think about how long it takes to develop more complex applications. i always feel like they can just be ported from one platform to another.

just a bit let down is all, i had a little too high of hopes for the launch.

loujob

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
same. they had a lot of time. They could have started on the jailbroken phone's like apple was telling other companies as well.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
i know, i know

[Ni'm not a programmer[/B], so i guess i just don think about how long it takes to develop more complex applications. i always feel like they can just be ported from one platform to another.

just a bit let down is all, i had a little too high of hopes for the launch.

As others have said, it's the first day.

Maybe you should play around with the SDK and see if you can whip one up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.