Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cojkana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2022
Hi guys im about to but MAc for the first time so i thought i should come to MAc forum and ask you for advice :) these are the models im interested to: MacBook Air 13" i5 DC 1,8GHz/8GB/128GB SSD/Intel HD Graphics 6000 or this one Apple MacBook Air 13,3", Apple M1 Octa Core/8 GB/512 GB SSD difference in price is there but i would go for the cheaper option if the difference is not big except the storage space is there anything else and if you have a suggestion for some other please feel free to share ^^ <3

Andrea Filippini

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2020
Tuscany, Italy
Hi guys im about to but MAc for the first time so i thought i should come to MAc forum and ask you for advice :) these are the models im interested to: MacBook Air 13" i5 DC 1,8GHz/8GB/128GB SSD/Intel HD Graphics 6000 or this one Apple MacBook Air 13,3", Apple M1 Octa Core/8 GB/512 GB SSD difference in price is there but i would go for the cheaper option if the difference is not big except the storage space is there anything else and if you have a suggestion for some other please feel free to share ^^ <3
The machine you linked has an i5 dual-core CPU, absolutely not enough for nowadays tasks.
Between them, go for the M1 octa-core.

Reactions: MarineBand5524

Cojkana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2022
Go for the M1. The i5 is old technology and you will soon fill up that small 128GB hard drive.

As someone who had an i5 Air with 128GB hard drive, I would definitely go for the M1 if you can swing it. I have an M1 Mini, and there is a significant performance difference between the two.

Definitely get the M1 over the Intel model.

The machine you linked has an i5 dual-core CPU, absolutely not enough for nowadays tasks.
Between them, go for the M1 octa-core.
Thank you guys so much this helped me made my decision! M1 it is^^

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.