Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umbrokhan

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2016
England
Which 3rd party case have floating buttons?

A good looking, functionally safe case is worthless to me if the buttons are mushy and hard to press.

Apple's official cases (at least the old leather, finewoven ones I've tried) are very clicky and they work great. So what other cases are just as good?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Which 3rd party case have floating buttons?

A good looking, functionally safe case is worthless to me if the buttons are mushy and hard to press.

Apple's official cases (at least the old leather, finewoven ones I've tried) are very clicky and they work great. So what other cases are just as good?

Here are a few that I’m aware of:

Pitaka MagEZ Pro 4
Mous Limitless 5.0
Nomad Rugged
Phone Rebel Gen-5

jaehaerys48

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2023
Spigen Thin Fit's buttons are just about as good (in spite of not being floating), but they do have small openings along the buttons that may annoy some people.

qlypher

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2022
Cologne, Germany
Currently using a leather case by bellroy for my 15 Pro. Buttons feel metallic and clicky very similar to the official Apple leather case i used for my 13 Pro and before.

umbrokhan

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2016
England
IMG_0041.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    528.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0046.jpeg
    IMG_0046.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 32

umbrokhan

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2016
England
Mous case buttons feel very clicky like Apple Original leather case.
They not metal but plastic but still the best buttons from 3rd party case manufacturers highly recommended. £35 to £55
Price depending on Black Friday or not.

If you want something cheap then

Spigen Ultra Hybrid MagFit also has very good buttons.​

£15 to £20.​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.