Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sawpits

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
Currently I am using these for privacy / ad blocking -

• BetterPrivacy

• Bluhell Firewall

• uBlock Origin

• Disconnect

Plus a few others, such as -

• User Agent Switcher

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Currently I am using these for privacy / ad blocking -

• BetterPrivacy

• Bluhell Firewall

• uBlock Origin

• Disconnect

Plus a few others, such as -

• User Agent Switcher
I'll get you my list later tonight. My Macs are at home.

You might look into UMatrix though. It would knock out three addons for you. BetterPrivacy, uBlock Origin and Disconnect.

I'm running as bare a set up as I can though, given the browser experience I want. Most of my tweaks revolve around the user interface.

sawpits

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
I'll get you my list later tonight. My Macs are at home.

You might look into UMatrix though. It would knock out three addons for you. BetterPrivacy, uBlock Origin and Disconnect.

I'm running as bare a set up as I can though, given the browser experience I want. Most of my tweaks revolve around the user interface.

Right now I am a satisfied user of those three in concert with Bluhell. I dumped Ghostery when I read what you had posted about it on another thread. For me, uMatrix seems to tweaky.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Right now I am a satisfied user of those three in concert with Bluhell. I dumped Ghostery when I read what you had posted about it on another thread. For me, uMatrix seems to tweaky.
It's a little more involved than say Request Policy was, but I am finding that for basic web surfing I don't have to touch it very much as it tends to get settings right on the first try.

That said, it's not for everyone. If your set up works for you then great. I've used those same addons you use in the past and they work well.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Behold! My TenFourFox addons!*

*ignore the graphic glitch in the top bar there. :)

Firefox.png

Reactions: sawpits

sawpits

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
I added Self Destruct Cookies 0.4.10, and a few others that I am trying out. Haven't tried many recently so I am giving some a spin. I know that Self Destruct Cookies works as it eliminated several sites that I use a password to access, including MacRumors, and the cookies were cleaned out and I had to type my password in again, then give those sites a green light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.