Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Hi everyone! I am still using my 2nd generation AirPods after many years, but now unfortunately the battery health on them is not the best. My right AirPod usually runs out of battery while the left one still shows as having 30%+ left. I am half tempted to try the AirPods Max but would like to see what people actually think of them?

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
The Max are very expensive and a bit old already, which is why i wouldn't buy them unless there was a big discount. I expect Gen 2 to arrive next year the latest. With USB-C and Lossless support. And hopefully a few other improvements.

In 67 days they will officially be the Airpods with the longest time between release and replacement.

Last edited:

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
The Max are very expensive and a bit old already, which is why i wouldn't buy them unless there was a big discount. I expect Gen 2 to arrive next year the latest. With USB-C and Lossless support. And hopefully a few other improvements.

In 67 days they will officially be the Airpods with the longest time between release and replacement.
ThankYou! I will hold out and wait for gen 2 release and see what they bring.

Lakris

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2020
Norway
What about AirPods Pro? When my old airopds (1.gen) began to disfunction I bought AirPods Pro and I just love them! Especially the noise cancelling is awesome when I take the bus to job or when I want to sit in the living room without paying attention to everything around me but focus on music or a series.
I tought I didn't need noise cancelling before I bought them, but I was wrong.
I've tried noise cancelling headphones like the Max, but I don't like that they're so big, I get warm over my ears and they're too big to take with me. the AirPods Pro fit everywhere, every time. 😀

Reactions: Spinrite

AndersSamuelsson1

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2023
Since it's almost last quarter of 2023, so I suggest you to purchase 2nd Gen of AirPods and being happy :D

Because 1st gen is already old model and don't have latest features and you could face compatibility issues in future with new devices. There are many types of experience issues if you compare with 2nd gen model.

bhall110

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
I have both the gen 3 and pro gen 2. The addition of find my in the pros is nice. The ability to turn on and off the noise canceling is also great. If you can afford the pros go for it. I would wait for the September event to see if a new USB-C case comes out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.