Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi Mac friends, sometimes its best to have an analog driving controller setup, an analog steering wheel right with analog brakes, and gas that with gear shifter for better immersion but which is the sweetspot one that'll work on the Mac to control a driving game (which driving game do you recommend) that supports analog input for a more precise and smoother ride? It doesn't have to be the latest model (to also keep costs at a reasonable level). Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Hi Mac friends, sometimes its best to have an analog driving controller setup, an analog steering wheel right with analog brakes, and gas that with gear shifter for better immersion but which is the sweetspot one that'll work on the Mac to control a driving game (which driving game do you recommend) that supports analog input for a more precise and smoother ride? It doesn't have to be the latest model. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance.
Logitech's G29 seems to be supported in a bunch of macOS racing games. It comes with paddle shifters instead of stick. I think Logitech has a stick accessory you can add to it.

Reactions: Alvin777

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Logitech's G29 seems to be supported in a bunch of macOS racing games. It comes with paddle shifters instead of stick. I think Logitech has a stick accessory you can add to it.
Thanks, paddle shifter's alright. What driving game is the sweetspot as well, that accepts the G29's analog inputs do you recommend (it can be an quite old game, it can be fairly new)?

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Thanks, paddle shifter's alright. What driving game is the sweetspot as well, that accepts the G29's analog inputs do you recommend (it can be an quite old game, it can be fairly new)?
I like Dirt Legends. Though my driving force pro is too old for the game.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
I use the good ol' G27 on my Mac. (used it with many racing games through the years - Grid series, F1 series, Dirt series, using the old Logitech kext "hack" back in the day), and the later versions of the games support the wheel itself. Not the OS.

Games like Grid Legends work well with it (after fiddling with the wheel setup). Mind you the wheel is constantly moving left to right if plugged into USB port before the game is started, but once the game starts it's fine. Force feedback works too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.