Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which accessories are you planning to purchase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
Just a simple poll, I already know what I want.
None for me, as I really want a screen protector and if I do that, the pencil probably won't work. The keyboard is bleghh, I type just fine on screen, That's why it's there. If Apple were to say the pencil can still work great with a glass shield, then I'd get one.... If only it was just 40-50 bucks, that would be Oisome! :)
*first world problems to the max. Ha ha

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
The Apple Pencil i think will be very helpful especially for drawing/sketching, i also want a case for it but Apple haven't announced those yet. I'm thinking that with the Pencil and a case it will top £1,000!

littelsquidge

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2015
UK
Apple had to make a keyboard case for this to match people's expectations. Other than avoiding Bluetooth, they haven't really done anything exceptional.

Pencil does seem to be the real deal. The demos are very compelling. I think $99 is actually very good value for the capability that's been built into the Pencil. Not sure what £UK pricing is going to be yet. I'm guessing £80ish. If you compare it to the price of top end (but likely still inferior) stylus options from 3rd parties, it's very fairly priced.

The name is even growing on me...

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Oct 6, 2014
The Apple Pencil i think will be very helpful especially for drawing/sketching, i also want a case for it but Apple haven't announced those yet. I'm thinking that with the Pencil and a case it will top £1,000!

Smart Cases are highlighted towards the bottom of the iPad Pro page on Apple's UK site, buddy ...

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Smart Cases are highlighted towards the bottom of the iPad Pro page on Apple's UK site, buddy ...

I didn't see that, I'm glad they will be selling smart cases for the iPad Pro, I just wish they would tell us when in November it will be released and also give us UK customers the prices.

Reactions: TheLondonFella

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Oct 6, 2014
I didn't see that, I'm glad they will be selling smart cases for the iPad Pro, I just wish they would tell us when in November it will be released and also give us UK customers the prices.

I agree.

My Smart Case has been brilliant on my iPad 4.

With regards to pricing, just expect the worst and hope for the best!

You pre-ordering, day one?

If so, which model/colour are you going for?

I'm going for Silver 128GB WIFI, with grey Smart Case.

Really looking forward to it.

My 4 is just so clunky, now. Especially on iOS 9 ...

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I agree.

My Smart Case has been brilliant on my iPad 4.

With regards to pricing, just expect the worst and hope for the best!

You pre-ordering, day one?

If so, which model/colour are you going for?

I'm going for Silver 128GB WIFI, with grey Smart Case.

Really looking forward to it.

My 4 is just so clunky, now. Especially on iOS 9 ...

Yea I will be pre-ordering on day one, I'm going for the 128GB wifi in gold or space grey I haven't decided which yet. I'm also going with a smart case not sure which colours they will have yet.
I'm looking forward to it as well especially with that big screen, the multitasking and the Apple Pencil I think they will all work great together, from very early hands on reviews people are saying that the Apple Pencil works great and is very responsive.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
If i buy ipadpro (not sure yet, it is still only ios, havent decided yet) :
Smartcover for protecting the front glass.

I already have Pencil (by fifthythree) which will work with ipadpro.
I already have Microsoft Wedge keyboard (bt) which will work with ipadpro.

Last edited:

DJ AJ

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2015
I think Apple Pencil and Smart keyboard can maximize the new particular features of iPad Pro for satisfying the needs of different purposes, such as writing, drawing, and typing for office works. So, I would like to purchase both of them.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I'm not really a fan of the keyboard case. If you can't use it in your lap I don't want it. The pencil is pretty much essential as I see it. As far as cases go I usually go third party.

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Oct 6, 2014
I don't see anything on the smart case for the iPad Pro. I only see smart cover and silicone case. Can you please point me into the right direction?

Wooooooooooo ... I think you're right!

SURELY even Apple couldn't be this sneaky?

"The Silicone Case protects the back of your iPad Pro and is designed to pair seamlessly with the Smart Cover for complete front‑and‑back coverage."

... so you have to buy TWO cases?!

Even for Apple, that is taking the p**s :-(

Nausicaa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Just the Pencil. Never saw the point of keyboard cases, personally. On-screen keyboard is fine IMO. Plus, it looks like the on screen keyboard displays anyway when you're using the keyboard case? Seems ridiculous. And way too costly.
Pencil looks great though, of course I'll want to try it all out and compare with Surface Pro 4 before pulling the trigger.

coolman1008

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Germany
Will be the iPad pro 32GB and the pencil (will only use it for university and web surfing on the couch)
Probably the smart cover to cover the back of the iPad when i will write on the screen and a Sleeve for the iPad and the pencil.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I just wish Apple had a leather smart case for the IPP. It looks like ,for now, I'd have to get a Smart Cover and silicone case from Apple

Reactions: dvdlovr24

jaydee24601

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I just wish Apple had a leather smart case for the IPP. It looks like ,for now, I'd have to get a Smart Cover and silicone case from Apple

Smart Cover and Silicone Case is now listed on Apple ... no prices, comes in white and dark gray.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.