Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I am in love with the magnetic link Apple Watch S9 band, but now that it is unavailable, I cannot decide on a watch band to order with the S9 watch. I know the modern buckle is a bit different this year, but can anyone attest to the OG's (leather) comfortability.

I do love my braided solo loop, but was hoping to find something a bit different.

I am also curious what type of bands do most people end up getting?

Disneymom2003

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2015
I’m getting the mulberry sport band. I have a lot of bands now and find the sport bands the most comfortable for me every day. I also don’t have any in the (red) family

dakotacheryl

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2011
Milanese loop coming with my SS S9 watch. I currently have that one on my SS S4. And I ordered an additional Nike Sport Loop. Will be my first purchase of this band.

Sheranne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2020
Midnight Sport Loop. I like those and the braided solo loops the best. I am curious about the magnetic link bands and hope to try one of those in the stores when they finally get them.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Magnetic band not available so temporarily getting the sport loop.

Apple is going to get me for another $100 when the magnetic bands re-stocks.

Pretty sneaky of Apple not have them available when you buy the watch online.
IMG_1FA017D899B6-1.jpeg

Reactions: CoriG

Martinpa

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2014
I’m sticking with my S4, but I bought the Nike Sport Band in Desert Stone. A few more Nike Sport Bands and Sport Loops are tempting, funny cause they never did before, but their new esthetics I like a lot.

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
Midnight sport loop, but I'll continue to use my leather and Milanese loop bands along with a few third party bands. I was really hoping for some new colors for the leather loop bands.

chugg

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
I am also trying to get the new Nike sport loop but there's not a lot of pictures or videos on how they look on a watch.

matc

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2008
Going for a Solo Loop with my S9 - wanted to have something a bit more special that 3rd parties are having a hard time copying and is therefore worth the money. Actually wanted to get the fine woven magnetic band but the material got extremely bad reviews for iPhone cases and wallets and I don't like the fact that you can't use it in water - and it's not available anyhow at the moment...

OS-SEX

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2012
I got the cypress sport loop and I love it. Already eyeing up the winter blue version as well.

Martinpa

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2014
My band was supposed to arrive today, but it has spent a whole day sitting in a facility. It’s really not the end of the world, but it is also really annoying. Can’t they release their stuff on Thursdays so that incompetent delivery services can deliver just one day late rather than on the following week?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.