Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kchika

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
I'm looking to get a clear, "back-only" case and I've watched reviews on YouTube, but I'm still having a hard time deciding between the both.

The Nude seems to be a more transparent case (which I prefer) and I think the iPad looks better with the Nude on instead of the Grip Vue. However, the Nude does not cover the bezel and I've heard that they don't fit 3G versions very well.

From what I've seen in pictures, the Grip Vue protects the bezel rather well. The trade-off I suppose is that it'd be harder to connect your headphones in. I don't have a dock or a camera connection kit and I don't plan to get them.

I've seen other cases such as the Macally Metropad, and I'm not particularly impressed. The Power Support Air Jacket seems to be very light, but the guys over at iLounge reported that "the clear Air Jacket cracked and broke in the headphone port area the first time we removed it from the iPad. Not good."

Ignoring their price tags, could you guys please let me know what you know of them? Do feel free to add other suggestions too.

Many thanks in advance,
kchika

jordanogrady

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
I 'm having the same dilemma mate, i have been to PC world to take a look at these and without opening the boxes and having a look i have no idea!

I dont want to have 5 different cases, i'd just like one decent one, price wise the ipad cases seem expensive! Hence the reason why I dont want to be buying 3 or 4 of them!

Jordan

jordanogrady

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
I 'm having the same dilemma mate, i have been to PC world to take a look at these and without opening the boxes and having a look i have no idea!

I dont want to have 5 different cases, i'd just like one decent one, price wise the ipad cases seem expensive! Hence the reason why I dont want to be buying 3 or 4 of them!

Jordan

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I have maybe 7 iPad cases and the one case that I use the most is the Belkin Grip Vue.

As for the port for the headphones, I don't use it. I use a set of Bluetooth headphones.

kchika

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
Has anyone tried the Marware MicroShell?

I've looked into the Incipio Feather case, and while I like the design of it, it's not offered in a clear finish. :(

xraytech, what kind of bluetooth headphones are you using?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.