Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Looking to put together a list of bands that have a black stainless pin. I currently have black and a gray color from a few years ago. Having a space black watch, I really wish Apple made more bands with a black stainless pin. Like give me a product red with a black pin.

Please let me know what bands you have, with pics if possible.

What is your go to band with the Space Black?

Nimbus134

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2020
Looking to put together a list of bands that have a black stainless pin. I currently have black and a gray color from a few years ago. Having a space black watch, I really wish Apple made more bands with a black stainless pin. Like give me a product red with a black pin.

Please let me know what bands you have, with pics if possible.

What is your go to band with the Space Black?

There’s a space black thread and there is another thread with an app that lists all bands and shows pin color. I’ll see if I can get links for you. Otherwise search bandful thread for the TestFlight app and the other thread has space black in the title.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
There’s a space black thread and there is another thread with an app that lists all bands and shows pin color. I’ll see if I can get links for you. Otherwise search bandful thread for the TestFlight app and the other thread has space black in the title.

Thanks I got the TestFlight app installed but only see band colors not pin colors. I’ll just dig a little deeper into finding the bands with black stainless pins.

Thanks for the links

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah I don’t see them. Check out this site: https://bandbreite.watch/. It has a huge graphic with all the bands and pins types.

I appreciate the help, but renders don’t show much ever haha

Maybe users can just post the bands they have with black stainless pins. Wish Apple gave more of that option as a stainless pin looks awful with space black. My opinion of course.

Reactions: lexikon318

Nimbus134

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2020
I appreciate the help, but renders don’t show much ever haha

Maybe users can just post the bands they have with black stainless pins. Wish Apple gave more of that option as a stainless pin looks awful with space black. My opinion of course.

a0af1ab288e246b32c4273aaa5040534.jpg

There’s not many with black pins. After a quick scan I see gray. I know some Nike sport too. Most black ones before this latest: cargo khaki, olive flak, celestial teal, obsidian, volt, hyper grape, cool gray.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Just going to list the ones I know of that were released with darker pins. Each band listed has a SBSS pin unless otherwise noted.

Apple:
Black Gen 1
Black Gen 2
Gray (2017)
Hermès Black
Dark Gray (Black Titanium Pin)
Gray/Black (Gray Ceramic Pin)

Nike:
Black/Volt
Black/White
Black/Hyper Grape
Black/Cool Gray
Anthracite/Black
Obsidian/Black
Olive Flak/Black
Celestial Teal/Black
Cargo Khaki/Black

interestingly enough these trends seem to be slowing down. All new black/X bands don’t have black pins, and with Apple set to possibly replace Anthracite and Pure Platinum/Black with new Nike defaults, I think the black pin bands will be fully discontinued. Could also just be a temporary styling choice... who knows!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.