Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

itsmehuey

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2019
For anyone that has the Nomad rugged case, would you say the case has good grip/feels good in the hand? Does it add a lot of the bulk.
It has good grip.. no issues with slip whatsoever. Feels good in hand, but it does however add a decent amount of bulk and especially noticeable if you're moving from something that is a little bit less bulky. I don't mind though as I feel it's well protected, especially at the gym or in transit.

Zedicus16

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2023
United States
I just tried the PR frost. Meh- the back is a wet bar of soap, and the grip on the sides is Quite underwhelming.

Also- there is a discoloration in the frost. Back it goes

It's certainly not for everyone. For me the grip was fine, but the frost does come off easily every time you put the phone in or out. The camera ring also chips easily and looks like crap in no time. The protection is great, protected my phone from a few good falls though.

Rouvenor55

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2024
For anyone that has the Nomad rugged case, would you say the case has good grip/feels good in the hand? Does it add a lot of the bulk.
it felt absolutely horrid in my hand and it was the one of the main reasons (besides the crappy action button) I returned it. It was not the bulk alone, the Ringke Alles is also bulky but it's night-and-day in comfort. Must be those protruding corners and the hollow back.

stanza.richi

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
I'm in love with the Spigen Magnetic Ultra Hybrid Magfit Frost Black, it's all that I wanted, no fingerprints, matte case, strong magnets

I’ve got it for my 14 PM, a little bit disappointed only for magnets: seems that Spigne Valentine Wallet is not as strong as with naked iPhone or Apple Silicone case.

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I'm in love with the Spigen Magnetic Ultra Hybrid Magfit Frost Black, it's all that I wanted, no fingerprints, matte case, strong magnets
Do you not find it incredibly slippery to hold? I tried it and liked the look but the back had absolutely zero grip

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Wanted to post a combo that is not seen very often, but I think really exceeded my expectations. Clay Silicone Case with Blue Titanium. Because the gray is already a dark shade of gray, as is the blue which can look quite deep navy, they do blend together quite well. I also think Clay itself is quite professional looking. Glad I finally found another colour that looks decent with Blue Ti besides clear or blue cases. Will take a pic in daylight soon and post again.

IMG_2755.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.