Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Is yours showing the MagSafe ring magnets?
They all do, just depends who's looking at it and under what lighting. Mine, I can notice the whole Magsafe ring and the alignment magnet under certain lighting. It's a cheap beater, so I can overlook this shortcoming.

Reactions: Zensō

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Yeah, agreed. Mine literally lasted 10 minutes before taking its place in the drawer of misfit cases. It’s not horrible, but it’s not anything special. I would have returned it but with the shipping charges and hassle that is PR customer service, it’s not worth it.

Exactly how I feel about mine and ended up in the same place. I agree it’s not bad at all, but I used it for maybe a half hour until I ended up back in my trusty Synthesis and the Air 2 disappeared into the drawer with other cases I don’t use and was too bothered to return.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I’ve had the Apple silicone case since January and it’s held up incredibly well. It doesn’t attract much dust and the only mark on it is from when it fell and landed on a corner. Other than that it feels pristine. I don’t know if Apple had the manufacturer adjust the formulation this year or I just got lucky, but this case is top notch.

Reactions: Zensō and maxrest

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
I’ve had the Apple silicone case since January and it’s held up incredibly well. It doesn’t attract much dust and the only mark on it is from when it fell and landed on a corner. Other than that it feels pristine. I don’t know if Apple had the manufacturer adjust the formulation this year or I just got lucky, but this case is top notch.
I always end up back with the silicone case. Just such a great fit and feel.

My current one did start to peel a bit so I contacted Apple (since they have the one year warranty) and I was able to get a replacement. I even got to pick a new color!

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I always end up back with the silicone case. Just such a great fit and feel.

My current one did start to peel a bit so I contacted Apple (since they have the one year warranty) and I was able to get a replacement. I even got to pick a new color!
The case attracts too much dust and fingerprints

Reactions: phrekaru

Rouvenor55

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2024
9€ Aliexpress find with clicky metallic buttons and very decent camera lip:
IMG_20240518_085152.jpg
IMG_20240518_085209.jpg

Reactions: landonalder

A.W

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2022
Do your otterbox cactus squeak at the corners when you press lightly up and down?

Last edited:

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
It’s actually neither for me. It’s certainly not infuriatingly grippy like Apple silicon and not as slippery as spigen for example.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Given the mixed reviews I picked up the PR Air2, when tee’s vid dropped I was more eager to get it as well. Gotta say my very first impressions are positive. Very simple case, fits really well for a tpu style. Feels great in the hand between the rounding of the sides and side grips. The matte back is smooth, not grippy but not slippery at the same time, compliments the super grippy sides well. The case feels thinner than I think it really is in the hand which is always a great design aspect to me.

Reactions: twx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.