Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poe8

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Are all of the cases listed on their online store also fully stocked in their stores? Anyone back from a recent trip to their brick and mortar store know which cases they are stocking? Slim pickings on launch day, but hoping for more of an assortment now.

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
I just got back from an Apple store here and they have the official case, an incase case (which comes in many colors), and also a belkin sleeve (which doesn't have a stand). I ended up getting the official case.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Beverly Center LA has apple case, the incase ones, and belkin ones.

I settled on trying the apple one first. They said on accessories you can return without restocking fee.

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
I saw the same in MA. I got the apple case; I think it got a bad wrap during the "first look" in January. It has so much form and function that I'm not sure I'd enjoy the iPad as much without it. The wedge the cover makes creates a great angle for a table and lap viewing with no sliding or wobbling when you type or control the screen.

andyblila

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2008
On My iPhone, or my iPad?
I bought the Apple case on launch day, and I absolutely hate it. If I can find the box I'm taking it back asap. It offers little to no protection. It allows a multitude of dust to get in. I am now using the incase neoprene sleeve and love it.

poe8

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
Any cases that just protect the back side? Just need a case that protects that back when I place it down and slide it in a table, no need for a folio. I see incipio has a feather coming out, but what's in store now? Don't really like the gel rubber iPhone style cases, has to be something hard.

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2008
I bought the Apple case on launch day, and I absolutely hate it. If I can find the box I'm taking it back asap. It offers little to no protection. It allows a multitude of dust to get in. I am now using the incase neoprene sleeve and love it.

I got the incase neoprene plus sleve and it is waay too big. It is obviously a netbook case repackaged, so I am going to return it for the slim sleeve.

My apple store in San Diego has the rubber back cover cases is a lot of colors.

poe8

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
I got the incase neoprene plus sleve and it is waay too big. It is obviously a netbook case repackaged, so I am going to return it for the slim sleeve.

My apple store in San Diego has the rubber back cover cases is a lot of colors.

Thanks, was going to take a trip tonight to my closest apple store 45 miles away, I hate waiting for online ordering :D

Apple Expert

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
I'm receiving the Apple Case today. If it sucks, you better believe I'm taking it back. I've always had good luck with Incase products.

hypeber

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
I'm receiving the Apple Case today. If it sucks, you better believe I'm taking it back. I've always had good luck with Incase products.

I actually really like apple case for the iPad more than the incase. It protects and i like it how it won't be too bulky after putting it on like the incase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.