Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which color HomePod 2 do you prefer?

• White

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Midnight

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No preference (like or dislike both equally)

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
Please take the poll.

Also, with respect to the dust/stain that the HomePod 2 leaves, does one color do any better than the other? IIRC, I read somewhere the white one leaves a worse stain.

While I prefer the look of the white, I think the Midnight one may age better because the white one looks it would get dirty over time.

Last edited:

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I had the OG HomePod in space gray, and just got HomePod 2 in white. The white matches my aesthetic better (white bookshelf / furniture ). I'm not worried about it getting dirty, but I like the white.

Reactions: ghanwani

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
I had the OG HomePod in space gray, and just got HomePod 2 in white. The white matches my aesthetic better (white bookshelf / furniture ). I'm not worried about it getting dirty, but I like the white.
Did you notice any staining?

Macbookey

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2023
Bought the Midnight, but would get a white one if I was to add a stereo pair, as I think they both look good. I prefer either over the space grey personally.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Midnight because it goes with the tv and my TV. White doesn’t go when using as home theater speakers IMO.

Reactions: That70sGAdawg

razorog

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2024
I have 1 set of homepod and 1 set of minipods for 2 tvs as stereo sets. Black and White one each set looks amazing!

erihp

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2020
I feel like this poll would be improved by considering the colorways available for the HomePod mini.

Obviously not available on the full-sized model, it would be (more) interesting (to me) which colors people prefer and would like to see on the bigger HomePod. If they still prefer one of the 2 current poll options, they can still vote accordingly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.