Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Currently have a red/red combo going on with my 13 mini and want one of the Apple cases. I don't think any of the available colors look good with the red, so I'm thinking of getting a different phone because it's bothering me that much.

Any suggestions?

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Are you close to an Apple store? I believe you can check out the colors in person with your phone.
I ended up going with black. Didn't really feel there was another option. Actually bought a green mini and was gonna sell my red one, but returned it lol. Plus, to break even money-wise I would've had to downgrade from 512gb on my red to 256gb on the green.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2012
I ended up going with black. Didn't really feel there was another option. Actually bought a green mini and was gonna sell my red one, but returned it lol. Plus, to break even money-wise I would've had to downgrade from 512gb on my red to 256gb on the green.

Do you still use your mini and your black case?

I kind of have the same problem, nothing looks really good with red. And yet I think the red is my favourite colour (I do also like the green one a lot).

So I got myself a transparent case. Haven't tested it yet because I'm thinking of returning the red phone because I'm scared nothing will fit with it, and don't want to open it yet.

What I like the least is the combo red/black though. It just looks evil. And my problem is, when facing the phone, the screen will be black, but the border will be red. I'm not sure if my clear case will cover this. This part is bother me the most 🤣

The back with the clear case would surely look amazing though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.