Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
I am looking at the following cases: http://www.iskin.com/solo/?cart=1244527392781331
I'm looking at the Solo not the solo FX. I was thinking of either white or black. Which color should I get:confused:

i would get white, black is too black for me, i like a little 2 tone coloring.

I want to get an solo fx and i cant decide which color either, I would get the light aqua blue because i have a black phone and it would appear darker, i'm just afraid its too "girly". The other choice is orange.

Peterg2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
i would get white, black is too black for me, i like a little 2 tone coloring.

I want to get an solo fx and i cant decide which color either, I would get the light aqua blue because i have a black phone and it would appear darker, i'm just afraid its too "girly". The other choice is orange.

This is so very personal but I did have for 1 day the "blue" solo fx but to me it was almost turquoise with the level of green in it and looked nothing like its looks on iskin's website. I found it bland and the orange was perhaps a bit too loud for me. So the choice was the red or the green. Both of which looked very interesting. I went with the red but could quite easily have gone with the green. I have a black iphone and am very happy with the choice.

However, if you have a chance, try and buy it instore and try the case on the phone there. Sometimes the cutouts do not properly match the mute button and especially the headphone jack and no amount of massaging is going to fix that. I tried on one case and the cutout for the headphone jack was way off center and no amount of massaging of the case fixed it. Tried another one and it was fine.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
This is so very personal but I did have for 1 day the "blue" solo fx but to me it was almost turquoise with the level of green in it and looked nothing like its looks on iskin's website. I found it bland and the orange was perhaps a bit too loud for me. So the choice was the red or the green. Both of which looked very interesting. I went with the red but could quite easily have gone with the green. I have a black iphone and am very happy with the choice.

However, if you have a chance, try and buy it instore and try the case on the phone there. Sometimes the cutouts do not properly match the mute button and especially the headphone jack and no amount of massaging is going to fix that. I tried on one case and the cutout for the headphone jack was way off center and no amount of massaging of the case fixed it. Tried another one and it was fine.

Thank you for your input. I was hoping the black of the phone would "calm" the aqua blue down some. I know it would not look anything like it does on the website so i was trying to find a "real world" image of it so i can get a better idea. If the black of the phone takes most of the aqua tone out and dulls it down i am fine with that, I'm just looking to avoid the bright "girly" tones that every company seems to only make. I'm kind of leaning towards the orange. :eek:

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
Black iPhone/Black Case is what I will always have. I think colors make it stand out too much, in a bad way. Plus, I would be embarassed pulling out a colored phone on the metro on my way to work every day. That's just me though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.