Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
I am getting a Mac Studio and Studio Display to replace my old Mac Pro and NEC SpectraView 271.

Until now I have used the colorimeter that came with the SpectraView, but that is starting to fail (it is also 12 years old).

Has anybody done any testing on which colorimeter works best with the Studio Display?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I am getting a Mac Studio and Studio Display to replace my old Mac Pro and NEC SpectraView 271.

Until now I have used the colorimeter that came with the SpectraView, but that is starting to fail (it is also 12 years old).

Has anybody done any testing on which colorimeter works best with the Studio Display?
The two choices are Calibrire (the new name for X-Rite) or Datacolor. Both will do the job fine. There’s nothing special about the Apple display. It’s just a monitor.

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
The two choices are Calibrire (the new name for X-Rite) or Datacolor. Both will do the job fine. There’s nothing special about the Apple display. It’s just a monitor.

Ok, good to know. I thought maybe it has some quirks that make one device better suited than another. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.