Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
So you to mean that experience from
PlayStation is so much more than on playing on tablet? But much games are so that’s its worth every penny to get PlayStation?

Depends what you're into. I personally have no interest in 95% of games on iOS, but I do think there are some very interesting titles on PlayStation/Xbox/PC/Mac
If you want extra power, PS4 Pro or Xbox One X are good options, but for a cheaper solution the PS4 itself is also a great option.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've liked owning all consoles for years now but recently I've only found myself playing the Nintendo Switch, and it's so good (for me) that I'm planning on rebuying ported games like Skyrim and Steep when they're available. Recently I've been tethering my Switch to my iPhone so I can play Splatoon 2 online anywhere - that did it for me, that simple ability just shelved all my other consoles.

If it has to be a choice of PS4 or Xbox, I'd go with PS4 because I really love their Remote Play functionality. I think it's neat being able to play my PS4 games on Vita or my iMac. It's not as seamless as the Switch... sometimes there's firmware arguments over who "player 1" is, for example.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
In my 40 years of gaming (- yeah I remember playing Space Invaders and PacMan in an arcade )I have never enjoyed a console so much as my Switch - the idea now of having to be sat in front of a tv or monitor to play a game just seems odd. A huge indie scene with cracking games, two 10/10 games from Nintendo already in its lifecycle and its sheer personality make it my favourite console of all time already.

Last edited:

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
In my 40 years of gaming (- yeah I remember playing Space Invaders and PacMan in an arcade )I have never enjoyed a console so much as my Switch - the idea now of having to be sat in front of a tv or monitor to play a game just seems odd. A huge indie scene with cracking games, two 10/10 games from Nintendo already in its lifecycle and its sheer personality make it my favourite console of all time already.
This post already got me convinced at getting a Switch. I usually would need to watch a video from MetalJesusRocks or Lord Karnage since I'm more of a retrogamer myself..

Saw Kohl's Black Friday deal and they got PS4 slim and Xbox One S selling for under $145 that day. Already got PS4 slim which I use more as a media player, but Xbone S looks tempting since the UI is nicer and PS4 is picky with video codecs not able to recognize DiVX avi.

Video games
1. Sony (got both PS4 & Vita)
2. Nintendo
3. Microsoft

That design of Xbone S in white looks great though. But I grew up with the Japanese-style and not the Western-style of shooters and more to the PC crowd that Microsoft caters to. Reason why I want to revisit Japan. Switch's portability is the tipping point since I'm rarely at home.

Thanks! Nintendo it is! But I'll get an Xbone S too especially if only for below $150 on Black Friday.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009

the ridiculous price is what's turning me off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.