Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which side do you guys prefer?

• Left side (current iOs 7-8 dock)

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Right side (more translucent dock)

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Hello guys

Again, it's me with one of my pools.Today I stumbled upon this great image and since I'm not a big fan of the current dock, I'd like for Apple to change it upon receiving many feedback. Just wanna see how many people would go along with me.

Attachments

• IMG_16101.png
    IMG_16101.png
    715.8 KB · Views: 898

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Pretty sure the same kind of thread (if not threads) exists from iOS 7 days as well...given what the dock looks like in iOS 8 it seems like all those votes, feedback, and/or things of similar nature (unfortunately) didn't get very far, and likely won't at this point either.

----------

In fact, amongst others, looks like I just came across almost exactly the same kind of thread about this from iOS 7, and just realized it was posted by you too: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1604541/

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
Pretty sure the same kind of thread (if not threads) exists from iOS 7 days as well...given what the dock looks like in iOS 8 it seems like all those votes, feedback, and/or things of similar nature (unfortunately) didn't get very far, and likely won't at this point either.

----------

In fact, amongst others, looks like I just came across almost exactly the same kind of thread about this from iOS 7, and just realized it was posted by you too: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1604541/

Well, people did ask for quick reply and we got it? Faster animations? We got 'em. Anything is possible. Tim Cook said it himself, he does read his emails.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well, people did ask for quick reply and we got it? Faster animations? We got 'em. Anything is possible. Tim Cook said it himself, he does read his emails.
It only took about 8 iOS versions to get quick reply...so I guess somewhere around iOS 15 we might get something along the lines of a more transparent dock (or just a completely redesigned one based on whatever design will be popular at the time). ;)

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
It only took about 8 iOS versions to get quick reply...so I guess somewhere around iOS 15 we might get something along the lines of a more transparent dock (or just a completely redesigned one based on whatever design will be popular at the time). ;)

Still, I'd rather have it in 10 years than never haha I'm a believer, what can I do? :p

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I like the blurred dock.

However, if they decided to go with the transparent one, I think they'd change the whole UI for coherency sake and remove blur for transparency (folders, dock, notification centre and control centre, etc).

Actually, there's a jailbreak tweak called BlurRemover by the great pw5a29 which does exactly that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.