Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blinkie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Hey,

I've understood in the past that Macbook Pros have had better colour accuracy than Airs. Is this still the case with the M1 laptops? I'm wanting to advise a friend who will be occasionally doing colour critical work.

Thanks in advance,

B.

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Hey,

I've understood in the past that Macbook Pros have had better colour accuracy than Airs. Is this still the case with the M1 laptops? I'm wanting to advise a friend who will be occasionally doing colour critical work.

Thanks in advance,

B.

MacOS allows color calibration for critical work.
Photographers should be quite familiar with the process. There are even tools that you stick to the monitor that can do the job for you.

All of that said, there is no point if having a perfectly calibrated monitor if you don’t have a perfectly controlled light source in your working environment, but this is a different story...

Reactions: blinkie

ChrisChaval

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2016
Milan, Italy
Hey,

Thanks in advance,

B.
the m1 mb air now has - for the first time - a P3 wide colour gamut screen, the same as the m1 mb pro, just not as bright

the 2021 macbook pros are rumoured to get mini led screens which will offer oled like features such as true black, higher contrast ratio ecc

Last edited:

blinkie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
the m1 mb air now has - for the first time - a P3 wide colour gamut screen, the same as the m1 mb pro, just not as bright
yes that's what I was wondering about. It's just the brightness that's different now. Past Air screens have looked rubbish to me. Thanks CrisChaval

Reactions: ChrisChaval
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.