Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
I work for a company that wants to start developing iOS apps.

We want to develop enterprise apps for third parties, not for our own company.

The developer programs don't seem to cover this as we are supplying to third parties. Will there be a problem if we try to deploy our own app into another companies enterprise?

Once we know which program is the right one, do we register as a company. Do we need to pay for each developer as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
As I recall, if you sign up your company you are allowed to have some number of employees get access to the iOS development material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
I work for a company that wants to start developing iOS apps.

We want to develop enterprise apps for third parties, not for our own company.

The developer programs don't seem to cover this as we are supplying to third parties. Will there be a problem if we try to deploy our own app into another companies enterprise?

Once we know which program is the right one, do we register as a company. Do we need to pay for each developer as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

Apple has several options.

First there's an individual developer account. Then there's a corporate account that lets all the developers in your company develop apps for sale on the app store.

There's also the enterprise program, which is intended for businesses that develop apps for use internally within their enterprise.

Finally, there's the B2B program, which lets you develop apps for sale to other businesses.

I know the most about the individual and corporate developer programs. I've only read about the enterprise and B2B programs.

SisterRay

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 25, 2006
UK
Thanks for the information so far.

I am assuming that the B2B scheme is just a private app store.

Can the app store or B2B scheme still allow a company to wrap the app via their own Mobile Application Manager for added security such as having a separate data container for enterprises which allow Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)

Is anyone deploying into another companies enterprise. If so shout out and let me know what you have to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.