Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexballvideos

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2017
15 Pro, battery life was not great whenever the camera was used on occasion, was terrified of how bad it would be on holidays/trips. Returned it for 15 Pro Max, simply for battery life, not 5x lens. Wanted to buy the 12 Pro but the square design with stainless steel was too heavy/ not ergonomic so stayed with 12.

4 > 5s > 5s > 7 > 12 > 15 Pro Max

1madman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2013
Richmond, BC, Canada
Regretted replacing the X with the 11 Pro. It did absolutely nothing more for me over the X, with the added inconvenience of being even bigger. Had similar sentiments about going from the 7 to the X though to a lesser degree.

I recently went out of my way to replace the 11 Pro with an imported 13 Mini.

Reactions: klasma

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I have remorse that I DIDN'T buy the 13 Mini when it was still available. I have a 12 mini, and still routinely get 30 hours out of a single charge. But I wish I had the 13 Mini do I would be assured of having at least another 2-3 years of iOS support from Tim Cook'$ Apple.

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
Not exactly buyer's remorse, but the iPhone 6 turned out to be too large for one-handed use, and also too slippy, so I upgraded to the first SE when it came out.
Same. The 6 ended up being way too large for me at the time, it didn't fit in my pocket and I didn't want to keep it in my purse all the time. I ended up going back to the 5S until the SE 2016 came out.

Eventually got the 7+ and stuck with it. In hindsight, I wish I kept the SE as long as possible. Still my favorite iPhone to date.

Reactions: klasma

Charlesrfinal

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2021
Only my current 14 PM.

Battery health was 98% on my 13PM that I gave to my daughter when I bought this 14PM in September.

Same use as my 13PM, my battery health is 89% now. That 13PM, she just returned to me when she picked up a 15 plus, the battery health on that old 13 PM is 94%.

This 14PM is the only phone that was just meh for improvement year over year, felt less special, and made me question the internal quality of the device.

My iPhone 5 and 6 came launch day with cameras that didn’t take straight photos. No remorse. Apple replaced them first day!

tomtattoo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
Berlin
The non pro 12. After 11pro.
I wanted a black phone and did not know that i miss the telephoto/macro stuff so much.
After the 12 I had 13pro, 14pro and now 15pro. Never ever without pro.

N69AP

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2021
United States
The 13 Pro. I was really excited for ProMotion, but it was less impactful once I got used to it and I only really noticed it when using a 60hz iOS device, like my iPad. I also liked the improved zoom and ultrawide/macro lens, but daytime photos didn't have a noticeable improvement over my 11 Pro.

I held out for a long time before upgrading to the 11 Pro, so it felt wasteful to upgrade again after just 2 years. The 13 Pro is a great phone, but I think the 11 Pro is still perfectly usable now and I should have kept using that instead.

jcp007

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2020
Third Rock From the Sun
Since migrating from the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus to the iPhone 12 Pro Max, I have owned four iPhone models to the 15 Pro Max. Overall, no buyer's remorse. I would love to see reverse wireless charging and split screen multi-tasking as well as 15w wireless charging and at least 35w wired charging.

risenphoenixkai

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Closest thing I have to buyer’s remorse is the iPhone 5. I had an iPhone 4s and was trying to hold onto it until the iPhone 5s came out. But then the damn iPhone 4s died on me two months before the iPhone 5s announcement. I couldn’t go without a phone for two whole months, so I had to buy the iPhone 5.

It was, in the end, a perfectly fine phone. I did really like its form factor a lot — more so than the iPhone 6 I replaced it with less than a year later.

Next closest thing would be the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Great screen and camera, amazing performance, but too blingy with that shiny stainless band and way too uncomfortable in the hand because of the sharp and slippery edges. It’s the only iPhone I’ve ever had that lived the majority of its life in a case because of how hard it was on my hands. Everything that annoyed me about that phone is massively improved in my 15 Pro Max.

• Haha
Reactions: Bethanie21

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
For me, none cuz I always buy when the form factor changed or I changed size.

3G- 4- 6- 7Plus- X- 12PM.

But if I had to choose one, probably 7+. Not that different from 6 except bigger.
iPhone 14 Pro Max dark purple and other non white flagship color new release phone. I was always influenced by new flagship color, but not this year and going forward 😊 I wanted to return it to get white one but it was too late. I had to wait 9 months (yearly upgrade) to get the new release max with white color as it is my beloved color. No more getting any other color from this point, but white. Learned my lesson. 😊

nathasnajperowa

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2016
Iphone 6 plus for the known obvious reasons, specific not the bend gate but only 1GB ram, was slow and unresponsive, even laggy.
I always liked big screen phones, so not a remorse but kinda dissapointed by Iphone X screen aspect ratio, of course now everybody knows there is no more 16:9 screen but like 20:9 proportions.
Back than i was suprised how small Iphone X 6'8 screen seemed compared to Iphone 7 plus 6'5.

Chuckles55

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2023
Mississippi
I bought a 4 and regretted not spending the extra $50 and not getting the 4S with Siri.

Trading my almost paid for 11 in for a 14 and finding out I still can't used OLED phones, if I had only kept the 11 instead of trading it in, I wouldn't have had to buy another phone.

Dade Murphy

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2023
The 14 pro max, which I just bought a few months ago, is my first iPhone. All I can say is, not a day goes by where I don’t feel like I made the right decision and I am FINALLY getting my money’s worth.

I could guarantee you if I waited and grabbed the 15, I would be having that feeling right about now…

ByeMac

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2017
The 13 Pro (upgraded from the dying X). Battery degraded to 87% in just only 1 and a half year. Constantly getting warm and hot most of the time and I really miss a 2x tele lens from X. Now I traded for 15 pro max and it's a much better experience in both camera and battery.

jeremydc

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2013
5SE> XR> 12 mini >13mini > 14 pro > 15 pro max

No regret buying as I upgrade every year but I get both sides of the big phone debate. Battery life is solid and extra real estate is awesome but one handed operation can’t be beat. Maybe just maybe I’ll get the regular 16 next year

Borophyll0520

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2017
New York
6s+>7+>X>Xs max>Xr>11pm>12p>13p>14pm>14p>15p

The Xs max I had the biggest buyers remorse and ended up getting an XR for that year. The battery was still pretty meh on the Xs max and the XR was much better.

The 14pm and 14p both had pretty middling battery life and were disappointing. I’ve been much happier with the battery on the 15pro - feels more like the 13 pro which was my favorite iPhone just for the battery life relative to the phone size.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Just remembered, I did have buyers remorse when I got the 12 over the 12 Pro, I kept it though and didn't mind so much by the time I upgraded to the 13 Pro.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
3G > 5 > 6 > SE1 > 7 > 8 > XR > 11PM > 13 > SE2 > 13PM > 15

Honestly, I think it has to be 13 because the Midnight glossy back shows all the finferprints and dusts & dirts more than a light colourway would. It’s purely an aesthetic gripe.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
None.

The 6 Plus would be the closest since I found it too big for comfort. I offloaded that to my brother though so it wasn't a loss.

What I regret more are the phones I didn't buy (e.g. iPhone 13 mini).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.