Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calebringabell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2019
Hello,

I am currently looking around for a video editing beast. I have recently created a youtube, and my laptops or tablets simply aren't powerful enough. I have been looking into surfaces and mac and ipads, and I just don't know what to think. I hear some great reviews and then some awful reviews of all the mentioned products. I am easily swayed by product reviews. I would like some feedback from people who have used Apple products for video editing.

Currently, I am looking into Ipad Pros for video editing because I have seen videos where people just talk so great about it. They use LumaFusion I believe and they say it works amazingly.

My question is I guess this, which Apple product, is best for video editing. I will use it for other things but I need the most power for video editing. I will be mainly working with 1080p DSLR footage. I like the Ipad pathway because I could also use procreate as I am an artist at times haha. But this is not a full requirement.

ANY anecdotal review is amazing in my mind. Please tell me your experiences.

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
Can't beat a MacBook Pro or iMac Pro with FCPX especially if you need to index/keep track of a lot of clips.

You can do amazing things with an iPhone or iPad with the built in apps, however. Making great video is more about talent than platform. But FCPX provides more sophisticated features.

Reactions: kohlson

calebringabell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2019
Can't beat a MacBook Pro or iMac Pro with FCPX especially if you need to index/keep track of a lot of clips.

You can do amazing things with an iPhone or iPad with the built in apps, however. Making great video is more about talent than platform. But FCPX provides more sophisticated features.

Thank you! My iPhone can’t do jack right now. iPhone SE :p

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
A 2017 27" 5k iMac with an i7 (or 3.5ghz i.5) inside (with an SSD, also) should do the job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.