Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kyan magic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2021
I've had some issues with my mac and Apple are replacing it. I just want to make sure that the new spec is higher than or at least equivalent to the current one.

The particular part of the spec in question is the the Ghz.

My current macbook is a late 2018 15 inch with 2.9hgz 6 core intel core i9 and the new one is a 2020 16inch with 2.4ghz 8 core 9th generation intel core i9.

Any thoughts?

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
The Geekbench database is a good resource for comparing the relative performance levels of different computer models / CPUs. YMMV, as always:

TL;DR: your new laptops scores slightly higher in single processor performance and quite a lot faster in multithread.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I've had some issues with my mac and Apple are replacing it. I just want to make sure that the new spec is higher than or at least equivalent to the current one.

The particular part of the spec in question is the the Ghz.

My current macbook is a late 2018 15 inch with 2.9hgz 6 core intel core i9 and the new one is a 2020 16inch with 2.4ghz 8 core 9th generation intel core i9.

Any thoughts?
That sounds like a very fair exchange, more than fair actually. I'm curious what problems you had that resulted in a complete replacement?

Reactions: kevcube
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.