Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pbrutto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Eastern PA
I trust we are slightly more mature here than the average forum....

I cannot go back and forth between and iPad pro and a rMB anymore, I have already discussed the pros and cons at length. Short gist is I have a 2008 MacBook that has reached the end of its usefulness and I need to replace it soon. So.....forget specs....

Which is sexier: A MacBook (I'm partial to gold) or and iPad pro. Let's face it, this is the real debate nobody has had yet that apple wants. Your options will shape my final decision!

Reactions: Ghost31

Cvx5832

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2014
I also have both and they each have their purpose in my house. The MacBook is for dev work and paying bills (quicker with a physical keyboard and 1password shortcuts), the iPad pro for everything else around the house and the air 2 if I want to carry something smaller out of the house.

I didn't have a favorable view of the pro after reading the specs and reading numerous impressions across the net. I picked one up anyway for an extended test drive because of Apple's holiday return policy. Well, I decided to wholeheartedly keep it. The RMB I just loved from the get go. I'm having second thoughts on the keyboard but not enough to hate it, not by a long shot.

Take one home and see how it fits YOUR life. No review you read here will be an adequate substitute. Start with one and then the other, or both if you don't mind putting your cash on hold for a few weeks. Use Apple's excellent return policy to your advantage. That's why they have it.

Reactions: xPad and ZhenyaF

username:

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2013
iPad Pro is sexier for sure! I personally dont really like how the Macbooks look, not sure why.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
he is talking from a design/fashion point, so i guess the Macbook in gold with that black keyboard combination is beautiful
But the ipad pro i love the black one with the smart keyboard or the white one with black cover

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
When you ask which is sexier, I assume that what you really want is the device that's going to turn heads when you pull it out. In my experience over the past week, that would be the iPad Pro. I've had at least two people at the office ask a lot of questions about it, particularly after seeing my notes taken in meetings, with the intention of buying one.

Pbrutto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Eastern PA
When you ask which is sexier, I assume that what you really want is the device that's going to turn heads when you pull it out. In my experience over the past week, that would be the iPad Pro. I've had at least two people at the office ask a lot of questions about it, particularly after seeing my notes taken in meetings, with the intention of buying one.

This was much more along the lines of what I was wondering, I think I can be happy with either device. I also like how they both look, but I feel that color choices are just as much for the person using it as for the people who see you using it...

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
If I were you.. macbook in gold gets my vote. the Pro is just a toy.. a big ipad.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
the Pro is just a toy.. a big ipad.
Maybe in your experience. I know that a MB wouldn't make anyone take notice where I work, but whipping out the Pencil and taking notes in a meeting has caused a lot of people to wander over and get a tour of my "big iPad". It seems a lot more cutting edge to people than a small notebook computer. Showing people that my handwritten notes are then searchable in OneNote has also made some folks using paper and ink jealous.

Reactions: bcaslis

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Maybe in your experience. I know that a MB wouldn't make anyone take notice where I work, but whipping out the Pencil and taking notes in a meeting has caused a lot of people to wander over and get a tour of my "big iPad". It seems a lot more cutting edge to people than a small notebook computer. Showing people that my handwritten notes are then searchable in OneNote has also made some folks using paper and ink jealous.
If seeing people at awe with your pen and paper ipad is your thing.. then yes it's great.

Reactions: Ghost31

username:

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2013
Oh I thought you meant which looks better. Which one makes people turn heads.. definitely the iPad Pro! I have seen heaps of people with MacBooks and nobody blinks an eye. It is just another notebook. A giant iPad, so thin, massive screen, so light, fast, definitely cooler.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
The iPad Pro is going to be a very good tablet if you like content-consumption and/or drawing, but in the end, it will never be a full laptop replacement for me. And the rMacbook is pretty much the OSX-Pad with hardware keyboard a lot of people were begging for.

They both look fine, but I personally don't find myself attracted to hardware...

Pbrutto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Eastern PA
I'm in for both, looks and getting looks actually...I unfortunately do not work an office job where I need to use a computer....

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
iPad Pro is all you need if you aren't using a computer for coding and 4k video etc that people on these forums claims everyone needs access to even if people are steadily saying they don't. This is why you see so many people getting by with their iPads and iPhones rather than wasting money on a macbook that's barely going to be used. iOS has always been the OS that most consumers love from Apple not OSX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.