Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
OK. I am going to college in late August/early September.

I really want a new MacBook, preferably a 12 inch. So, once the 12 inch comes out, will there be anything new by September that I should get that would be worth waiting? better processors? later revisions?

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Right now nobody has any idea at all when a 12" MacBook Pro will be released... or if there even will be. It could be a 13" widescreen or something. There will definitely be something out by the time your ready to buy though.

When the 12" (or whatever) comes out and you have the money saved, just get it. You won't regret it, even if something slightly better comes out a few months later.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Badandy said:

I really want a new MacBook, preferably a 12 inch. So, once the 12 inch comes out, will there be anything new by September that I should get that would be worth waiting? better processors? later revisions?

No one knows. Honestly. There may or may not be a new MacBook Pro by September, but there will probably be a new one by the end of the year. However, it will not be more than just a speed bump, given the HUGE upgrade in features on the new ones.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
Badandy said:

Something better is always bound to come along. I don't think anyone can really even speculate an answer for you at this point. Stay tuned. :D

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
If I had to make a bet, I would bet there will be 12'' Macbook out by september. I would wait if you can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.