Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayca02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
italy
Can anyone give me advice for the which macbook pro (mid 2018) to buy? Im using adobe illustrator and Photoshop, time to time(not every day) for a fashion design projects. i used to use late 2011 mac pro 15 inch i7 2,4 GHz. This time i will take 13 inch 16 gm ram for sure, but i couldn't decide i5 or i7, dual core or quad core and 2,3 or 2,7. Over all i will not use video or hard graphics, and im little bit concerned to spend lot of money on thisone since the new macbook pro will launch in 2019.

ruka.snow

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Scotland
The current quad core MBP is just recently released, you have a whole year till the next one. In all I would go for that or consider a iPad when Photoshop comes out for it if you can switch to Affinity Designer from Illustrator. The iPad route seems to be becoming more favourable of late for that type of work, at least around my area.

If your heart is set on a MBP just get any of the quad cores with more RAM. I haven't seen Photoshop really push a CPU for a while even when working large files, at least what I consider large(<= 300MB). Though I am on a 15inch screen and would not use the 13 inch(though strangely am happy doing illustration on my iPad, perhaps because its closer and more like working on paper).

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.