Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oneechan69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2022
US
TLDR: I'm looking for a mouse brand other than Logitech with a good Mac app. In the app I want to set hotkeys or actions on each individual side button, and has profiles for different side button configurations. I could create different profiles for the same game and swap them.
I want different profiles for Roblox, and there doesn't seem to be a way for an app or a programmatic way to see what specific Roblox game I'm playing, the window title always says just "Roblox" for instance. Ideally, I could set hotkeys on the side buttons - like CMD OPT CTRL SHIFT 1 and use Bettertouchtool to run macros that are trigger by the hotkeys, the app is very good for macros.
I have a Logitech G604 but software support to customize the six side buttons for Mac isn't very good. The Logitech G Hub app has to run in the background and takes up 200MB+ of RAM, and the app UI doesn't work well (I sometimes have to click UI buttons twice). The only other app that can customize all the side buttons is Steermouse, but it only provides a fixed set of options. I would bind them to specific hotkeys but they can't be picked up by Bettertouchtool for some reason. The app has profiles I can't create multiple for the same app and swap them.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Have you considered trying either...
- Steermouse
or
- USB Overdrive

???

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
What Fishrrman said. There's no reason to use any software that comes with your mouse. The third party alternatives are so much more flexible.

I've used SteerMouse for over a decade. It's indispensable for tweaking mouse function.

Reactions: Big Bad D

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
I'm looking for a mouse brand other than Logitech
Logitech isn't configurable enough?

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 21.07.02.png

Reactions: icanhazmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.