Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
I want to buy a Nintendo switch but not sure which one I want to buy, I’m torn between the standard neon red and blue Nintendo switch or the pokemon lets go special edition Nintendo switch. I prefer the pokemon lets go edition but my only concern is that if I wanted to change out the colour of the joy cons they wouldn’t match the theme of the console with the pokemon painted on the back.

CDB2ABE9-A5BE-45CF-87A9-54BA7D536831.jpeg

D051F965-F213-42BC-9409-414F942EB57D.jpeg

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
If you prefer the Pokémon version then you should get it. Who cares how it looks with different color joy-cons - as long as you like it, then it only makes sense to buy it.

Sounds like you already know the answer but just want validation for it. No sense in letting others make the decision for you, it’s your money you’re spending, not ours.

Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
If you prefer the Pokémon version then you should get it. Who cares how it looks with different color joy-cons - as long as you like it, then it only makes sense to buy it.

Sounds like you already know the answer but just want validation for it. No sense in letting others make the decision for you, it’s your money you’re spending, not ours.
Just get the Pokemon style and stop worrying. I'd like it more than my red and blue version.

Thanks for both of your replies, I think I will get the pokemon version, do you guys, in your personal opinion think that it will go with the different colour joy cons. Thanks again

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Thanks for both of your replies, I think I will get the pokemon version, do you guys, in your personal opinion think that it will go with the different colour joy cons. Thanks again

They're all bright primary colors, and the yellow is only on the Pokemon dock and joy-con. So you should be fine using the red and blue with the Pokemon edition switch. I'd be using the yellow joy-cons just because I like the yellow more.

You can easily add the red/blue joy cons to any switch.

Reactions: ThatiPhoneKid
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.