Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MajkJaro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Having a hard time to decide. I am an Xs user from day one and now debating between:
-13PM
-14Plus

Price difference in Poland is about 100$ in favour of 14Plus. 14PM is about 300$ more than the Plus so it is out of the conpetition :). Both mentioned above have good battery and it is the biggest factor for me.

Hard one, what do You think guys? I need a phone for the next 3-4 years.

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I'm just curious, why the larger phones when you're coming from the smaller size? If you want a larger phone that's fine but I was just wondering.

My vote would be for the 14 Plus just because it's the cheapest and is going to have the same features but I think minus one camera lens. If you need the zoom camera lens, then you may want to consider the 13 PM

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
Between those two 13PM for sure!

You’ll get a whole new experience with the feature set.

Personally, I feel the promotion feature is underrated until people try it out and go back to the non promotion phones.

Reactions: catean

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Having a hard time to decide. I am an Xs user from day one and now debating between:
-13PM
-14Plus

Price difference in Poland is about 100$ in favour of 14Plus. 14PM is about 300$ more than the Plus so it is out of the conpetition :). Both mentioned above have good battery and it is the biggest factor for me.

Hard one, what do You think guys? I need a phone for the next 3-4 years.
Depends do you want/need all that the 13 Pro Max brings versus the 14 Plus?
Here’s a nice comparison:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If you are coming from an XS, I'd go with the 14 Pro or the non-pro model. Unless you want to go for a bigger screen.

MajkJaro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'm just curious, why the larger phones when you're coming from the smaller size? If you want a larger phone that's fine but I was just wondering.

My vote would be for the 14 Plus just because it's the cheapest and is going to have the same features but I think minus one camera lens. If you need the zoom camera lens, then you may want to consider the 13 PM
Well I think that I should try the bigger one. Mostly I do emails, whatsapp, messenger. So I can benefit with a bigger screen. I only carry my phone in my pocket when I travel from my car to the office and to my home. Most of the time it lies on the desk.

My only debate is 14P or 13PM. Love taking photos but I have my loved Canon 5d. Probably would use the zoom sometimes - RAW shooting I dont think so.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Well I think that I should try the bigger one. Mostly I do emails, whatsapp, messenger. So I can benefit with a bigger screen. I only carry my phone in my pocket when I travel from my car to the office and to my home. Most of the time it lies on the desk.

My only debate is 14P or 13PM. Love taking photos but I have my loved Canon 5d. Probably would use the zoom sometimes - RAW shooting I dont think so.
Well do you use the zoom lens frequently on your XS? That's what I would go by. I like a bigger phone myself but sometimes I'll see a smaller phone and wish I had a smaller phone but I don't want to give up battery life and the larger screen is nice.

If you already haven't checked it out here's the Apple comparison page for those phones. You might notice something on there that you didn't think about.

MajkJaro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Well do you use the zoom lens frequently on your XS? .
Why not a 13Pro? Between those go with 13ProMax, it’s an awesome phone.
Well I dont use zoom often because it is poor quality on the Xs. Hard to judge whether it will be more frequent. Mostly taking pics of my daughter, indoors often.

The 13 pro - I have a bad feeling about battery life. I use my phone about 6-7h on screen time. Probably in 2 years time the 13P will have problems with it.

So mainly I am focusing on 14Plus and 13PM which is about 100$ more in Poland. 14Plus is light and new. 13PM is a real killer but heavy. Hate those choices.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Looking at all of your responses I’d vote for the 13 Pro Max. Personally I’m on the 14 Pro Max and I’m regretting it. Could have stayed with the 13 Pro Max for another year easily.

Reactions: catean

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Well I dont use zoom often because it is poor quality on the Xs. Hard to judge whether it will be more frequent. Mostly taking pics of my daughter, indoors often.

The 13 pro - I have a bad feeling about battery life. I use my phone about 6-7h on screen time. Probably in 2 years time the 13P will have problems with it.

So mainly I am focusing on 14Plus and 13PM which is about 100$ more in Poland. 14Plus is light and new. 13PM is a real killer but heavy. Hate those choices.
The 13 Pro already has much better battery than the XS.

I'd pick the 13 PM. The 14 Plus is mostly just a watered down version of it. You're going to have to get used to the size difference either way.

One thing though, with the dynamic island and USB-C rumoured to be coming this year across the whole lineup neither of these phones are going to be completely current in regards to design/connectivity and DI features the way the XS is to the 14 right now, but if you don't care about that sort of thing you should be okay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.