Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeyli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2023
I just bought an Apple iPad Pro 11', because I have no budget, I want to buy an imitation of Apple Pencil

I have seen several good iPad stylus, which one do you think is more suitable? I'm in a rush to buy a stylus to use

白底.jpg 微信图片_20230527172649.jpg 10代Pro电容笔-黑色-正面.jpg 10代Proe电容笔-橙色-正面.449.png

Attachments

• X PEN透明.192.jpg
    X PEN透明.192.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 64

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
You can't expect reasonable answers based on pictures alone. If only looks matter, you don't need our inputs - choose what you like.

Reactions: msackey

Joeyli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2023
I say save up for an Apple Pencil.
It is also an option, I bought the original apple pencil before, unfortunately after using it for half a year, it no longer works, so I am now more willing to choose a cheaper alternative than it

Joeyli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2023
You can't expect reasonable answers based on pictures alone. If only looks matter, you don't need our inputs - choose what you like.
Since most of the alternatives I've looked at are similar in functionality, I might be inclined to choose looks first

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I just bought an Apple iPad Pro 11', because I have no budget, I want to buy an imitation of Apple Pencil

I have seen several good iPad stylus, which one do you think is more suitable? I'm in a rush to buy a stylus to use

View attachment 2209020 View attachment 2209018 View attachment 2209024 View attachment 2209025
They're all pretty much the same.
Although I have an Apple Pencil, I bought this one:

But I found a similar one on Temu for under $10 and out of curiosity I bought it. Just as good. Unless you need pressure sensitivity or the button functionality, these inexpensive Pencils work just fine.

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
None of these. Stick with the Apple Pencil. While an imitation may sound appealing, they all have numerous problems, most notably the lack of pressure sensitivity and palm rejection.

If it's just for note taking, an imitation is fine. But if you're actually drawing, nothing beats the Apple Pencil. Plus the Apple Pencil has been going on sale a lot lately for $80

Reactions: Yuuuki

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth

View attachment 2209020 View attachment 2209018 View attachment 2209024 View attachment 2209025
If you really need a non-Apple one, the Logitech Crayon is well-liked. Do note you lose out on:
- double tap shortcuts
- improved accuracy
- sensitivity settings
- Hover (if on latest gen)

Reactions: Yuuuki

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
It is also an option, I bought the original apple pencil before, unfortunately after using it for half a year, it no longer works, so I am now more willing to choose a cheaper alternative than it
Just to be clear, is the the original Apple Pencil or version 2 of the Apple Pencil that you used?

Original Apple Pencil is somewhat different from the 2nd version though they both use the same pencil tips. Version 2 has an additional tap feature on the barrel.

Joeyli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2023
They're all pretty much the same.
Although I have an Apple Pencil, I bought this one:

But I found a similar one on Temu for under $10 and out of curiosity I bought it. Just as good. Unless you need pressure sensitivity or the button functionality, these inexpensive Pencils work just fine.
I don't think the Amazon link product you suggested above is very good, I have bought from it before, but it was a bad shopping experience, my stylus stopped working very quickly and the seller didn't respond to me. I also bought it from temu, but it was so bad that I quickly returned it, although the difference between it and the Amazon knockoff was close to $10. I had bought a good one before, but now I can't find it anymore, it may have been taken off the shelves. I think I'll keep looking again.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I don't think the Amazon link product you suggested above is very good, I have bought from it before, but it was a bad shopping experience, my stylus stopped working very quickly and the seller didn't respond to me. I also bought it from temu, but it was so bad that I quickly returned it, although the difference between it and the Amazon knockoff was close to $10. I had bought a good one before, but now I can't find it anymore, it may have been taken off the shelves. I think I'll keep looking again.
If you had a bad experience then I can understand why you’d be hesitant. I’ve had both for months and use them both heavily every day without any problems.
Yes, keep looking… i’m sure you’ll come across a good one.

Joeyli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2023
None of these. Stick with the Apple Pencil. While an imitation may sound appealing, they all have numerous problems, most notably the lack of pressure sensitivity and palm rejection.

If it's just for note taking, an imitation is fine. But if you're actually drawing, nothing beats the Apple Pencil. Plus the Apple Pencil has been going on sale a lot lately for $80

Thanks for the advice, but the original Apple pencil has been a bit of a hassle for me as well. I often need to switch between two ipads to work before and often need to re-pair. This is also far ah I am currently more considering alternatives

Joeyli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2023
I ended up buying this pen, which also supports wireless charging, it's so much better than other imitations, it's easy to use, and I see there's still a discount code at the moment, so you can find out if you need it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.