Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luzsa2004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2021
Quick question: Which photo editing app on iPad Pro do you use/enjoy and why?

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I use Affinity(!) Photo on my iPad Pro. Does everything Photoshop can do, but no subscription & a reasonable one time fee. Love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: luzsa2004

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Lightroom. All my shooting is in RAW and I use Lightroom Classic on my laptop and desktop. I've used it since its original beta and know it well so I'm not inclined to switch. I have Affinity and it's a good app, no subscription.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
RAWPower - memories of Aperture - the developer is the former Aperture programming lead - it offers extended RAW support and allows to edit easily e.g. photos with high pixel counts (~20000pxx6000px), something other apps do not permit.

Last edited:
Reactions: luzsa2004

luzsa2004

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2021
All helpful recommends. I’ve been using Darkroom most recently. Aside from the pop-up to pay for the premium package and limitations of editing options [with the free version], it‘s working well for RAW, JPEGS projects. May revisit Lightroom for additional functions.

azpekt

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2012
hp, illinois
Photos. I am bad photographer, that no software will fix. So I’d stick to something that’s quick, available OOTB and doesn’t stand in the way of me taking photos with DSLR and producing (mediocre at best - but that’s my skills failing me!) sharable/printable photos.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
I use Affinity Photo, and now Affinity Photo 2 on my iPad Pro. Does everything I need and more.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 21.59.18.png

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
I use Affinity(!) Photo on my iPad Pro. Does everything Photoshop can do, but no subscription & a reasonable one time fee. Love it.

Does affinity have any AI enhancement options similar to what the Luminar AI and Luminar Neo apps have?

Just curious as I need a powerful photo editor for the iPad to fully process RAW images- but I’m not strong enough in manual photo editing to go with something like Lightroom… on Luminar AI I use a couple of AI enhancements snd tweak just a bit more manually from there, making it super simple- I am hoping to find something similar for the iPad.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
How do you like the new version compared to the original?
I like the new UI quite a bit better. It now looks very similar to the desktop version. The personas are grouped in one place now, separate from the tool bar. Everything is grouped in one place now which cuts the steps. They moved the contextual bar to the top, again like the desktop version. I like this layout. Sliders for the brushes are on the left now. The new options dot down in the left hand corner is handy. Overall, it is just easier and more intuitive. Only been using V2 for a few days, and have more to discover, but I quite like what they have done to it. Very nice update!

Reactions: sparksd
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.