Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dferigmu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
Washington, DC
I will be traveling to Europe with my 15" Powerbook in two weeks and I'm looking for a sleeve that I can put into my carry-on bag. I don't want to buy an entire laptop bag, so I'm looking for something that can hold my PB and a couple accessories, like an AC adapter and mouse.

The three that I have been looking at are the Incase Neoprene Sleeve, the
Incase Nylon Laptop Sleeve and the Marware Sportfolio. The Incase Neoprene Sleeve looks nice, but it seems like it's too soft and doesn't have much protection in case of an impact. The Marware Sportfolio looks better with a plastic shell and a handle, making it easier to carry it around.

Can anyone recommend any of these?

g0gie

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2005
I would definantly recommend the radtech sleve if you want something that will just keep your powerbook from scratches and give it some friction for carying around so it doesnt slip. If you want some more protection go for the tucano sleves. I've tried the timbuk 2 and others ( about 6 other brands) and the 2 i mentioned before blow them away in elegance in practicality IMHO. so yea, if you want somthing semi thick - go with tucano, else go with radtech

ctsport1234

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2005
I have both the radtech sleeve and STM and I like the STM a lot more.

It offers much better protection (to all sides) and you can put it on and take it off faster.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
dferigmu said:
Can anyone recommend any of these?

I have the Crumpler Gimp which is a great neoprene softcase that adds just a bit of padding. The design is a matter of personal preference though. I also didn't like the School Hymn very much. My PB moved around too much inside.

Not fond of the Tucano sleeves. I had one and the Powerbook is exposed to scratches off the zipper.

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.