Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garciarios

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
I have always used the crystal phone support they sell in the apple store. It keeps it looking perfect but reduces finger prints and protect screen.

I am debating if I should continue to use the crystal film or get the invisable shield. In my local mall they will install it for 20 bucks and whenever i want a new one because it gets damaged or worn etc I just give them $5 and they put a new one....

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

mynameisrichard

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
Santa Ana, Orange County, CA
Why don't you get one yourself and install it yourself? I had one when I first got the phone, but have since got rid of it and rocked my phone skin/case-less. The only thing I have is the Phone Support in Anti-Glare. I hate the Crystal one because of the finger prints and the anti-glare is smooth and doesn't leave smudge marks. 20 bucks is a lot for an easy job. Just do it yourself and save yourself time and money.

frozencarbonite

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2006
I have always used the crystal phone support they sell in the apple store. It keeps it looking perfect but reduces finger prints and protect screen.

I am debating if I should continue to use the crystal film or get the invisable shield. In my local mall they will install it for 20 bucks and whenever i want a new one because it gets damaged or worn etc I just give them $5 and they put a new one....

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

They charge you $20 bucks to install in addition to the cost of the product itself? If so, that's not cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.