Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chilean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
But i don't want to record myself. I don't see the option to capture audio/video stream I receive from Microsoft Teams for example.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
But i don't want to record myself.
what about turning off your video and/microphone? ?

I don't see the option to capture audio/video stream I receive from Microsoft Teams for example.
Make sure to have the latest Mac client. Which version of MacOS as well as Teams are you using?

1642419391429.png

If you use a browser make sure to use Chrome or Edge. You could additional start your Mac in safe mode and then open Teams to check wether there is some background process interfering.

It is of course possible that the admin of a meeting has recording disabled via the Microsoft Teams Admin Center policies.

chilean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
yes i want to record a meeting which is for some reasons recording disabled on Teams.

chilean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Quicktime is recording me if i want to be recorded by my camera, but i don't want to produce contents, I want to record the streams that my Mac receives.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Quicktime cannot record the audio other than your own microphone, by default. There were workarounds using 3rd party plugins like soundflower, but I think that only works on older macOS.

I had the same issue. I want to record a Zoom meeting, but quicktime screen recording won't record the incoming audio. It is only recording my microphone as the input audio.

One workaround is to use an app called OBS studio. That is actually a very powerful app and free, used by many streamers. But setup is quite complicated (for me).

I wish there's a free soundflower solution for the newer macOS versions.

Reactions: chilean

chilean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
Quicktime cannot record the audio other than your own microphone, by default. There were workarounds using 3rd party plugins like soundflower, but I think that only works on older macOS.

I had the same issue. I want to record a Zoom meeting, but quicktime screen recording won't record the incoming audio. It is only recording my microphone as the input audio.

One workaround is to use an app called OBS studio. That is actually a very powerful app and free, used by many streamers. But setup is quite complicated (for me).

I wish there's a free soundflower solution for the newer macOS versions.
yes Ian we are exactly in the same situation. I used Quicktime and i it captured the video but not the sound.
And with OBS I have the sound but not the image ??????????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.