Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2013
I have searched for info on the various Silver Steel Link bands, and still I have some questions. I hope the group here can help.

I have a Silver SS watch and would like to get a Silver Link band. I am aware that the various bands have different costs. For this discussion, lets assume I more concerned about finding the best band for my needs (i.e. color, weight, comfort, looks).

I am aware of 3 popular options but am open to others. Apple Steel Link, Nomad Steel Link, Nomad Ti Link.

1) It sounds like some of the bands are brushed silver and some are shiny silver. Which do you think will look better with the shiny stainless watch?

2) I read one person who has the Apple Steel link and they said the edges were sharp and therefore uncomfortable. Do others feel this way?

Last edited:

stu.h

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
IMG_1057.jpeg

Had the Nomad SS link come today for my SS watch. Colour/shinyness match is perfect.
Can 100% recommend (just be careful removing the links for sizing and take your time :) )

Reactions: dmccombs

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
1) It sounds like some of the bands are brushed silver and some are shiny silver. Which do you think will look better with the shiny stainless watch?
This will come down to personal preference. I like the shiny sometimes, but the brushed feels more premium and less like a toy to me. (The polished stainless of the watch fills the "shiny" box for me, the band being polished as well is just extra and tacky imo.

2) I read one person who has the Apple Steel link and they said the edges were sharp and therefore uncomfortable. Do others feel this way?
I own four OEM link bracelets, and I can say with full honestly they are the most comfortable band Apple makes without risking style. They're heavy and feel premium, but still light enough that it doesn't distract me.

Apple's OEM link is the obvious choice for me. If you deal hunt, they're often posted on eBay for like $100-150. I got my current silver link from Chargerstore on eBay for I think $120, but he doesn't seem to have any more B grade links. That said, I've found them for far less in the past. Just wanted a nice one i wouldn't have to refinish.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2013
This will come down to personal preference. I like the shiny sometimes, but the brushed feels more premium and less like a toy to me. (The polished stainless of the watch fills the "shiny" box for me, the band being polished as well is just extra and tacky imo.

I own four OEM link bracelets, and I can say with full honestly they are the most comfortable band Apple makes without risking style. They're heavy and feel premium, but still light enough that it doesn't distract me.

Apple's OEM link is the obvious choice for me. If you deal hunt, they're often posted on eBay for like $100-150. I got my current silver link from Chargerstore on eBay for I think $120, but he doesn't seem to have any more B grade links. That said, I've found them for far less in the past. Just wanted a nice one i wouldn't have to refinish.
Great Feedback, Thanks...

I ended up ordering the Apple Silver Steel Link, and get it in a few days. I'll try it stock/brushed for a while before deciding weather to polish or or not.

Reactions: mikedop
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.