Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilverLight300

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2016
Hi,
My apple 4s ios version is 9.3.2.
Now i see there is no jailbreak for this version.
What can i do about that and how can i downgrade to earlier version that have a workable jailbreak method.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: hgrimberg

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Wait until there is a jailbreak for 9.3.2. Jailbreak and then use one of the various tools recently released that will allow a downgrade (iPhone 5 or less).

I think the farthest back you can go though is iOS 6 without blobs.

But you cannot do anything at all if you aren't jailbroken first.

Reactions: ardchoille50

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Can i downgrade to 9.0.2?
What about to downgrade to version 6 and jump to 9.0.2 from 6?
I'm guessing you missed my initial post where I stated you cannot do anything unless you are jailbroken?

So, let me try this again and add to the chorus of people who have already told you "no".

You CANNOT downgrade UNLESS you are jailbroken.
There is NO JAILBREAK for 9.3.2.

Hence you CANNOT DOWNGRADE.

Period. No downgrade to ANY version of iOS.

When a jailbreak for 9.3.2 becomes available you can jailbreak and then come and ask again. But until then there is NO DOWNGRADING to ANY version of iOS no matter how many times you reask the same question.

SilverLight300

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2016
Thanks for every answer around here.
That was horrible for me.
How many days should i wait for a workable jailbreak tool?

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011

Nobody can answer that question sorry. It could be today r it could be never. If you see anything or anyone saying they have jailbreak tool don't fall for it. Just check here because the moment there is a REAL jailbreak people on here will be all over it and you will know.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Some people have been waiting for a jailbreak since missing the first one back in October. And you want to know how many days you should wait? Seriously?

Nobody can answer that question sorry. It could be today r it could be never. If you see anything or anyone saying they have jailbreak tool don't fall for it. Just check here because the moment there is a REAL jailbreak people on here will be all over it and you will know.
Exactly!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
An interesting post in a sense given that another thread at https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...rs-photos-and-the-like.1976472/#post-22991605 has ended up discussing more or less the same kind of thing, with the OP having posted the following there:
Thanks for hasty reply. How long would you roughly estimate before someone makes a public jailbreak of 9.3.2?

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
These downgrade threads never get old.

At least the OP thanked those that replied. Many times, you don't hear from them again beyond the initial post.

Amused the way he asked more than one time about downgrading. No means no...doesn't matter if it's dropping .X or X.

The 4s has been JB-ed with many iOS versions over the years. Don't know how long he's had that iPhone, but -if- he's had it for several years, then he's certainly had more than one chance to do it and passed.

I really don't know why people embrace iOS upgrades so. Whether because Apple says it's good for you or to get new features, or other reasons.

Even before I ever JB my first device, I was always cautious about it. And even on Cydia upgrades, I don't always do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.