Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Which video cables would be more useful with my iPhone, component or Composite? A lot of TV's have composite near the front of them, so I am leaning toward composite cables for ease of use.

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
Which video cables would be more useful with my iPhone, component or Composite? A lot of TV's have composite near the front of them, so I am leaning toward composite cables for ease of use.

this is really a per user decision, no one here is going to be able to make that decision for you ( it depends on the kind of TV you plan on using it with)

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Assuming there are component connections available on the TV(s) you plan to connect your iphone, this is a no-brainer. I actually have both because it seems like composite connections are always available when I travel whereas component are not as commonplace but component gives you a much better picture. Get both if you can afford them (check ebay - I got my component cables for $25).

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I ordered the composite scosche cables for $33 and plan on also getting component cables.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
They really should make a combo cable, like what they did for the PSP. This combo cable has connectors for both composite and component.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
My Scosche cable arrived today but I have one problem, I can't plug it into my iPhone with the OtterBox Defender case. The Scosche plug head is to big, so I have to either take the phone out of the case or shave the plug head sides down some. Now I'm thinking I should have just bought the Apple cable because if its plug head is the same as the USB cable that came with my iPhone, then I know it will work fine with my OtterBox Defender case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.