Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
I can't decide between the Wacom Graphire Bluetooth 6x8 Tablet or the Wacom Intuos3 6X8 USB Tablet.

Anyone have any suggestions on which one is better or should buy?

Thanks,

Michael

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The Intuos has better resolution, more levels of pressure sensitivity, and can tell if you are holding your pen at an angle.

The Graphires are perfectly good tablets, just less capable (and their pens feel like cheap Bic Clics). But you can definitely be productive with them!

If you aren't desperately in love with the idea of cordless, get the Intuos.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I second the Intuos. More pressure sensitive and more options for settings. I have the 4x5 that goes with me in my backpack as well as the larger 9x12 at work. I've been using tablets for years and can attest to them truly changing the way you work. I couldn't even begin to draw or path using a mouse now.

xparaparafreakx

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
I have the bluetooth and use it everyday. I use it for general use but if you need more from your tablet, get the Intuos.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
ipacmm said:
I can't decide between the Wacom Graphire Bluetooth 6x8 Tablet or the Wacom Intuos3 6X8 USB Tablet.

Anyone have any suggestions on which one is better or should buy?

Thanks,

Michael
I would definitely go with the Intuos. Unless you're desperate for wireless, there's no reason to get the Bluetooth tablet. The Graphire series are great tablets (I use a 4x5) but the Intuos would be a better investment if you have the money for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.