Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The point and shoot pro

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2023
I recently purchased 2 10th gen iPads for my wife and I, which keyboard would be the better choice, the apple or the logitech touchpad model? Anyone have experience with either or both?

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
I don’t own the 10th gen. I prefer the looks and design of the pricey Apple, but I don’t like using a trackpad, and my iPads stay at home, so I personally would buy a Smart Folio (which I would want for handheld use regardless of the keyboard, and love the colors for the 10th gen, btw) and a Mac Magic Keyboard (which will still be useful when I no longer own the current iPad).

Does she want to travel with it? Then maybe the Logi is the better option. Does she want to use a trackpad? If I HAD to accept a Logi, I’d want the one without the trackpad.

kitenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
Leeds, UK
I had the Logitech Combo Touch for my iPad Pro 11-inch. Whilst it was a very nice keyboard it did add too much weight imho so I go the apple Smart Keyboard Folio which has been great, much lighter however not as much protection as the Logitech.

Reactions: JayMysterio

The point and shoot pro

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2023
I had the Logitech Combo Touch for my iPad Pro 11-inch. Whilst it was a very nice keyboard it did add too much weight imho so I go the apple Smart Keyboard Folio which has been great, much lighter however not as much protection as the Logitech.
Did the Logitech work as advertised? I don't mind the extra weight.

kitenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
Leeds, UK
Did the Logitech work as advertised? I don't mind the extra weight.
yes worked well, no issues at all with the functionality, I did think the trackpad and keyboard worked very well! The iPad did appear pretty bulky to me when detached from the keyboard.

In fact I ordered it a 2nd time 6 months later but didn't change my mind on the weight/bulkiness.

The point and shoot pro

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2023
yes worked well, no issues at all with the functionality, I did think the trackpad and keyboard worked very well! The iPad did appear pretty bulky to me when detached from the keyboard.

In fact I ordered it a 2nd time 6 months later but didn't change my mind on the weight/bulkiness.
I would not be keeping it on all the time. I have a nice thin mokso case I use most of the time, but when I want to create something I would love to have a keyboard and trackpad combo and I do not like white. I have no idea what possessed apple to not offer another color combo.

The point and shoot pro

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2023
I purchased the Logitech about an hour ago and I love it. Typing this on it now and it’s a great experience. It’s very much like my surface 3 in execution. I am super happy with this case, keyboard combo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.