Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I've changed the preferences on SMC fan control, but if the charger is still in the notebook, it will make the slight rumbling sound. Is it just that my SMC fan control just needs to be 'tweaked' every once in a while to maybe force out any kind of particle of whatever? Thanks.

Last edited:

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
well your fan might going out or slightly clogged with something, probably super dusty, when was the last time you cleaned out your fan?

That's what I was thinking.... Though, I don't clean out the little port where you put the mag safe battery charger in. My cousin (who is a compter tech guy) told me to NEVER use cannned air, a vacuum will work just fine. Since its on the side with all the ports you plug different cables in, will it be ok to vacuum that side, it's pretty much just like the back that I vaccuum occasionally. BTW. I am not sure if this will make ANY difference, but when I play a certain game the fan(s) go nuts and I have to change the settings on my SMC fan control to quiet it down.

Thank you.

PS. My vacuum is never that warm, I have it on the lowest possible setting to suck things up/out. it's not one of thooose older models. (IE, that had to use the bowl of water (IE "Rainbow") or one of thoose that had the bag you disposed of.... It's the model that says it doesn't ever loose suction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.