Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.JARE_ee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
Vancouver, BC
From early observations, the new iPhone tend to generate a lot of heat already so I'm looking to mitigate any more heat concerns especially with the environment all things considered. I believe anything black tends to attract more heat, so does one purchase the white iPhone over the black? (Case color included).

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
black does attract more heat from direct external sources, for example direct sunlight. Obviously, the phone's color is not going to make any difference to internal heat. So I guess, all things considered, a white iPhone could run slightly cooler than a black one, if they were both being used in hot sunlight, for example. But it's going to be very marginal. I'm still getting black.

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
From early observations, the new iPhone tend to generate a lot of heat already so I'm looking to mitigate any more heat concerns especially with the environment all things considered. I believe anything black tends to attract more heat, so does one purchase the white iPhone over the black? (Case color included).
The only heat the white color avoids is external light sources heat, e.g., the sun. So unless you plan on doing processor intensive tasks while IN STRONG DIRECT sunlight, it probable won't matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.