Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luismco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2017
Hello,
after owning the MacBook Pro 2016 for 5 days, today I noticed 2 white spots on the aluminum near the trackpad. I tried everything to get them of but they don't go away. I don't know how those spots got there as I was really really careful when using it.
Does somebody of you know what this could be and what I could do? Or do I just return it?
Best regards.
20170206_201853.jpg
20170206_201825.jpg

wolfaaron

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2012
If it bugs you you're still withing the return period. It looks like a minor defect to me.

GatorGhost

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2014
If it bugs you you're still withing the return period. It looks like a minor defect to me.

Put a skin on the unit. Some are awesome! In a couple of years when you may go to sell it...It will make no difference and in the mean time you will have some blemishes anyway. If the 'puter is running good, maybe make it look a little better for now.

peraspera

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2016
Since the spots don't come off it could well be an anodizing oopsie. If that is the case I would guess that there is some possibility that the situation may worsen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.