Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bea1997

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2020
so i accidentally dropped my iphone 11 at the beach yesterday, it was like a 1 meter drop. i retrieved it from the oceanfloor after 10 seconds. it didnt switch off, it was doing fine. minutes after, the iphone LCD looked like it was shaking. like a glitch shaking. so i switched off the phone and let it dry out. i only got to soak the phone in rice grains after 5 hours.

I let it soak for like 17 hours and after that i switched it on and noticed the white stain on the lower right of my iphone screen. it was an LCD problem cause i took a screenshot of my phone and the white thing was non existent.

i soaked my iphone again in rice in hopes of the white stain disappearing.

HELP.. does anyone know of other ways to do if the problems persist?
iphone.jpg

++ additional info: i switched on my phone again and it still has the white stain on my screen. i checked the water damage indicator and the color's WHITE - means no damage has been done by water ??

Last edited:

bea1997

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2020
That looks more like damage related to those cracks than liquid damage. Maybe you just didn't notice it before. Maybe it was already weakened and the drop finished the job.
hello! thanks for answering. my phone screen is perfectly fine. its only 3 months old. the crack is the screen protector/tempered glass.. ++ also the drop was a soft landing. it dropped in slowly flowing water.

Last edited:

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
yes i have tempered glass installed. my tempered glass is severely cracked
Try removing the tempered glass... i doubt that the screen is damaged. Unless after falling someone stepped on it. And yes White means no water damage. Itll be Red if there was.

bea1997

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2020
Try removing the tempered glass... i doubt that the screen is damaged. Unless after falling someone stepped on it. And yes White means no water damage. Itll be Red if there was.
I removed my tempered glass. No scratches and no cracks on my actual screen. I think maybe a little water got through the speakers and displayed as white spot on my lcd. But not enough damage that the indicator turns red. So far, the white spot has not spread so I’m kinda relieved.

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
It might be salt residue if you were at the beach, after water dried out, not much you can do until phone is opened for some other repair in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.