Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
There will always be colored bezels. They may get smaller, but they will always exist.

I'm more concerned about whether or not you'll be able to get the next iPhone before it's 3 months old.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Ironman1964

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I have always gone black. I like how the black makes it look like there is no bezel. For me what would be really cool would be a gold body with black front.

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
I have always gotten dark/black phones with the exception of the iPhone 6 (gold). I liked it at first, then I got tired of the white border as well as the phone being flashy. I like my devices to look sleek and blend in. Plus having a black border is more immersive than having a white border - its too detracting from what you're trying to focus on the screen.

Black all the way.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Which ever was available. I pre-ordered both the Rose Gold and Matte Black.

Rose came in first, I have to issues love both.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
I don't know if its just me or not, but I felt like I always saw a black border around the screen with the white front. With the black, that border just blends in better.
You are so right . It's thin black line
[doublepost=1477015691][/doublepost]iPhone black
iPhone 3G black
iPhone 4 black (best iPhone design ever)
iPhone 4s black
iPhone 5 black
iPhone 5s white
iPhone 6 Plus black
iPhone 6s Plus white (rose gold)
iPhone 7 plus 256 JET BLACK. (Best ever )

rodetrip

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2014
i have the rose gold 7+ ive never had a black iphone before. but i do think this years new black colors are sexy! but i still dont like how you see fingerprints and smudges way more on the black face. and i just love how sexy and smooth the white front looks and that rose gold is just really nice! but i think for next years iphone, im trying the black!

Reactions: janeauburn

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
i have the rose gold 7+ ive never had a black iphone before. but i do think this years new black colors are sexy! but i still dont like how you see fingerprints and smudges way more on the black face. and i just love how sexy and smooth the white front looks and that rose gold is just really nice! but i think for next years iphone, im trying the black!
Are you a women

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
I have been been trying different colours (usully the newest one) since my first iPhone (the 5).. and the front has been whatever the chosen back colour comes with (see below):
  • iPhone 5 - silver back/white front
  • iPhone 5s - champagne gold back/white front
  • iPhone 6 - space grey back/black front
  • iPhone 6s - rose gold back/white front
  • iPhone 7 - black back/black front
Having said that.. I really love my iPhone 7 in black with a black front.. this things looks stealthy! :)

reyalP

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
I chose black because of the infinity bezel on the front when the phone is off. It just looks sleek. I also like the fact that when i'm viewing content on the black bezel front that the bezels tend to disappear. I like white too but not for the long term so I stay with the black.

Reactions: janeauburn

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I'll just leave this here:

MV5BMjE0MDExMjgyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQyNDMyMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR8,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

NerdyName

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016
iPhone 4 - White
iPhone 4S - White (Oh how i miss this phone!)
iPhone 5 - White
iPhone 6+ - Gold/White
iPhone 7+ - Matte Black

Fancied a change and it has absolutely f**k all to do with my gender.

Reactions: Naynay1316

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Prefer the black. I wanted to give white a shot so I went with a gold iPad Pro (now for sale). I just don't like the look of the white, looks cheap to me. Plus Apple finally came out with the matte black iPhone I've always wanted. Had to go with it.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

Elisha

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2006
Had white the last time so black this time. However it is such a pain to put a screen protector on black just cause you don't know where the screen ends and the bezel starts.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
I use to hate white bezels with a passion. But now I love white bezels and black bezels tend to put strain on my eyes now. I do a lot of reading and browsing and I find white or light colored bezels less harsh on my eyes and makes the screen easier to read.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.