Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
So I just got my Whitestone dome screen protector for my Pixel 7 Pro.

1st application got big bubbles. 2nd installation almost perfect. A couple of really small dots on the upper left hand corner. For me with curved screens not bad.

So far the protector looks and feels almost like the original glass. I have an ultra protective case and no problems with the WS protector.

So far I am pretty impressed. It is a lot of preparation and I had a good amount of glue leak on the sides because I had to push out a couple of bubbles.

The alignment tray works really well.

Expensive but it gets the job done. They really should include 3 for the cost because unless you have experience with these you are going to screw up the first. I heard you can use acetone to clean off the protector to reinstall so I will try that as I have an extra glue. It costs 15 to get one replacement which seems a little steep.

After trying and failing with TPU protector this is a lot nicer. The feel is much better and the tpu is not optically correct and scratches easy.

So here is hoping this lasts for a while. I like being able to put the phone in my pocket and not worry I will scratch the screen.

The back TPU protector for the screen is utter trash but I am still using it as any protection is better than none.

What screen protector do you use? I have seen a bunch of cheap tempered glass screen protector on Amazon but the seem to just have adhesive on the sides and the terrible black outline. Any screen protector that doesn't fully adhere to the glass could actually cause scratches if any dust got underneath and that dust had any quartz in it.

Now I rest a little easier. I really don't like curved displays because they are scratch magnets being more exposed than a flat surface but at least now I don't have to worry about scratches to the glass. We will see how well the screen protector holds up.

tmt

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2009
Great to know it works well.
I want a screen protector and had a couple of cheaper ones that didn't really work out.
This looks a bit to much with all the glue, but perhaps this is the only way...

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I found the whitestone dome chips really easily.along the edges.

I wouldn't recommend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.