Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
Oh okay. I’m definitely a point and shoot kind of photo taker, and my phone is it, so I want to get the best pics I can with the least effort. Just wanna be sure there’s not something I need to pay attention to.
Always had pro iphones (not the pro max) until now when I got the 15 plus - really pleased with it getting used to larger size and longer battery. Really cannot see difference in screen camera and everything else. Do miss the macro though but in practice the plus doe ok for close ups of plants which is what I would take close ups of

Reactions: Barbareren

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
Always had pro iphones (not the pro max) until now when I got the 15 plus - really pleased with it getting used to larger size and longer battery. Really cannot see difference in screen camera and everything else. Do miss the macro though but in practice the plus doe ok for close ups of plants which is what I would take close ups of
Also don’t really notice weight difference between 15 pro and 15 plus after a few days as the plus feels better in my hands

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
100%

I know we use the phone looking at the screen but that bump is awful.

Im also tempted to get an SE 😁 I found and old iphone 7 on my desk and turned it on… what a nice form factor!

Honestly the SE is a fun little phone to use. I have bought a couple for my grandkids, and I passed one down that I used for a while. I think it’s just that familiarity, and honestly I was loving the fingerprint! I didn’t even fully mind that small screen, but gosh I couldn’t type on it at all.

Still when I pick up one of the grandkids’ phones, it feels like nothing in my hand and I always love it for a minute. ;-p

Reactions: austyn23

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Honestly the SE is a fun little phone to use. I have bought a couple for my grandkids, and I passed one down that I used for a while. I think it’s just that familiarity, and honestly I was loving the fingerprint! I didn’t even fully mind that small screen, but gosh I couldn’t type on it at all.

Still when I pick up one of the grandkids’ phones, it feels like nothing in my hand and I always love it for a minute. ;-p
I have a coworker that’s using one of the SEs and after using a pro max for the last year it looks comically small. Even better, I picked up my display iPhone 4 yesterday and chuckled. It’s hard to imagine using that thing for daily browsing/texting/shooting photos.

Oh how far we’ve come in ten years.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
We are buying a 15 coming from a 14 pro. Honestly the pro features are really not even in the equation for us. I’m with the masses walking in the Palo Alto store and walking out with funky and awesome iPhone 15 colors. Funny how Apple can tout this feature or tag pro feature but many people just look at the color and love the pink or the blue/white color, or green. I’m guessing black 15 will be least popular color it’s so boring.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I’m guessing black 15 will be least popular color it’s so boring.
leathcas.jpg

Guess again. It’s the only 15 color for a dude and its deep black hue and gloss finish looks great in a black case. I’ll bet you anything it’s the best selling single color of any iPhone this year.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
leathcas.jpg

Guess again. It’s the only 15 color for a dude and its deep black hue and gloss finish looks great in a black case. I’ll bet you anything it’s the best selling single color of any iPhone this year.
agree, and the one most business will buy, where did you get that case?

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
We are buying a 15 coming from a 14 pro. Honestly the pro features are really not even in the equation for us. I’m with the masses walking in the Palo Alto store and walking out with funky and awesome iPhone 15 colors. Funny how Apple can tout this feature or tag pro feature but many people just look at the color and love the pink or the blue/white color, or green. I’m guessing black 15 will be least popular color it’s so boring.

The pink almost sucked me in (or the blue). In the end the only feature that kept me on the pro is the macro photography. Honestly I don’t use it THAT much, but I like having it when I want/need it.

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
leathcas.jpg

Lol. Guess again. And yes, black is boring AF. Sporting a green Plus myself, and I'm definitely a dude, lol. The subtle pastel colours this year look great for sure.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Lol. Guess again. And yes, black is boring AF. Sporting a green Plus myself, and I'm definitely a dude, lol. The subtle pastel colours this year look great for sure.

My wife has the pastel blue, my daughter the pastel green. They love how it matches their skirts.

• Haha

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
The pink almost sucked me in (or the blue). In the end the only feature that kept me on the pro is the macro photography. Honestly I don’t use it THAT much, but I like having it when I want/need it.
We are buying green. I used macro on my 14 pro like 1x lol. I’m thinking you know what I’ll stick with my 13 mini 512gb so I can keep my dog videos lol.

austyn23

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2017
I am really tempted to get the 15 (I have the 14P),

If I do it I guess I will regret it 🤣

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I am really tempted to get the 15 (I have the 14P),

If I do it I guess I will regret it 🤣

Well you can always torment yourself over your decision. I can show you how to do that. ;-p

Even though I got the regular pro, and it’s great, seeing all the fun colors makes me wish my phone had a fun color.

Chargers ? Not even close

I love that blue also. It’s so subtle it’s almost white, but I love it.

• Haha
Reactions: austyn23 and Act3

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013

Wait, how are you able to post on MacRumors from the 1800s!? 🤯⌛️🤣

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.