Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

convergent

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2008
All the whining threads are getting old. I am pretty pumped about this. My wife has an iPad 3 and loves the thing. It was the first iPad in our family, although we've got a lot of iPhones and Macs. I didn't think I'd really want one since I've got an iPhone and Macbook Air, but the Mini looks like a great addition to my kit. I got the cheapest Wifi-only black, and plan to tether it through my iPhone. Really excited about getting my hands on it.

(If you want to whine about spec's please pick a different thread!)

fsumom

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2010
Me!!! Too bad it's for my daughter for Christmas. BUT, I do get to play with it to set it up for her :D. She's going to be so surprised.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I had the original ipad and it was just ok for my use. As someone who owns an iphone, appletv, and mac air...I really think the mini would be a great addition. I will go to the store and check one out on the 2nd, but i'm pretty sure i will buy one.

brig2221

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2010
I'm pretty stoked to get mine as well.

I have an iPad 2 that I waited on for hours at launch, one of those experiences was enough for me :D Glad I stayed up late and pre-ordered this bad boy.

As far as specs go, I know some folks wanted an uber iPad mini, but my iPad 2 works flawlessly, no lag, nothing. I have no issues whatsoever with the power under the hood on the iPad mini.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I'd be stoked if I didn't have to wait till late November for my 3G, boooourns!

KimMelton661

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
I'm so excited!! The only thing I use to surf the internet anymore is my small Asus netbook or my iPhone. I have been waiting for the Mini to come out for months. Friday can't come soon enough!

hillucla

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2012
St Louis MO
I am very excited as well. This will be my first iPad - I held out this long. What sold it for me is the Mini will fit in my purse. I already bought a Coach brand leather zipper case for it that matches my purse. Haha - such a girl!

I woke up at 2am to order the white 32GB wifi only and can't hardly wait for it to get here! Have been obsessively tracking it. :)

Last edited:

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
I seriously can't wait. I sold my iPad 3 the other day, and I'm going through serious withdrawals. I miss having an iPad around!

convergent

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 6, 2008
As someone who owns an iphone, appletv, and mac air...I really think the mini would be a great addition. I will go to the store and check one out on the 2nd, but i'm pretty sure i will buy one.

We have 4 iPhones... soon to be 5, 2 Apple TVs, 2 Macs, and an iPad 3, within the whole family. I didn't have any desire to have an iPad for my own use... just didn't see how I'd use it. My wife uses it as her only computer, and its perfect for her. But, I have the Air which I take with me whenever I'm traveling, so didn't see the need to have both. The iPad Mini, however, has changed that. Its cheap enough, and has the right capabilities for me. I don't usually buy products without first playing with them, so taking a chance, but I really think I'm going to love it.

Anfield

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
I can't wait for mine, my first iPad so I'm really excited.

I'm avoiding all the negative threads so I can make my own mind up when I get it.

My delivery says 16th November though :( will it definitely arrive on that date or is that just the date it's dispatched?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I can't wait for mine, my first iPad so I'm really excited.

I'm avoiding all the negative threads so I can make my own mind up when I get it.

My delivery says 16th November though :( will it definitely arrive on that date or is that just the date it's dispatched?

IT will likely be delivered on that date.

Also I'm stoked as well. This will be my first ipad. I can't wait till I get my hand on mine on Friday when it delivers :)

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
I'm stoked as well, I had too sell my iPad 3 too put the money towards getting my jeep fixed a few months back so this is Definately in the right price range for me. I ordered a dark gray Smart Cover but I'm really debating taking it back and getting red!

ame8199

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2011
Ive been waiting for the mini since the 2 came out! Woke up at 2am and preordered....I cannot wait

I'm getting a new puppy on the 3rd so my mini will get played with during puppy naps

RTbar

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
I'm stoked as well, I had too sell my iPad 3 too put the money towards getting my jeep fixed a few months back so this is Definately in the right price range for me. I ordered a dark gray Smart Cover but I'm really debating taking it back and getting red!

Which color iPad? If white then keep the red, if black keep the gray IMO. I'm not crazy about the gray at all, it's boring, but I personally would tire of the other colors pretty quickly

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I'm super excited! I'm even excited about the Smart Cover. This will be my first iPad, I always liked the look of the old ones, but knew they were too big for me to realistically lug around with me. This Mini is the perfect size.
Friday can't come soon enough. Meanwhile, I'll have to settle for obsessively watching the "hands on" videos on You Tube.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
It's easy to wait.

My happiness is not influenced, controlled, or impacted by any product.

I place the people in my life on a far higher plane. They are what matters to me.

Everything else is just stuff, and it's all replaceable.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Yep

Excited here as well :D

Never let it rain on my parade . . . As the band plays on.

No Titantic jokes allowed. lol

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
waited 6 hours today for UPS to show up with my rMBP ! hopefully my mini will be "before 10:30" like the iphone 5 was :D waiting all day was killing me! lol . Yes friday will be sweet

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Which color iPad? If white then keep the red, if black keep the gray IMO. I'm not crazy about the gray at all, it's boring, but I personally would tire of the other colors pretty quickly
Black, some reason I love how it looks on apples website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.